Why Don't We Make Fireworks Instead of Bombs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

When I say, we, I mean the world. War and terrorism are lunacy. It's hard to imagine that the components which can blow human beings apart can also be used to make such beautiful displays in the sky. I just came in from my balcony where I watched some gorgeous fireworks.

I don't focus on war in my prayers; I focus on peace. It doesn't matter who is "right" and who is "wrong" when we have blown apart our beautiful world. Violence is never the answer but we never seem to learn that. If enough of us focus on peace, perhaps we can change the world. Our track record isn't so good but it's not over yet.

Love, Mikie
  2. Denamay

Denamay New Member

The Chineese invented gun powder hundreds of years before any one else, and what did they use it for? They made fire crackers. It took the Europeans to come up with gunshot, bullets and bombs.
    Love Denamay
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Robert Ardrey, we don't make fireworks instead of war because war supplies the three things humans need: security, stimulation and identity.

4. joyfully

joyfully New Member

The fighting in the Middle East has been ongoing since Biblical Times. It is such fabric woven into their everyday existence.

Warring factions in the Middle East can change "sides" in the blink of an eye. "my friends are your friends, and your enemies are my enemies". Poof! Then they are fighting some other group. We can't relate to this. It makes no sense to us.

We need food, shelter, and water for survival. We certainly don't need war.

It is hard to understand why people go to war over religious beliefs, but it has repeatedly happened in the past.

I certainly don't have an answer. Life is so precious; not just human life ----but life on this planet.

We are temporary stewards of this precious planet. I don't know what else to say.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/05/2007]
  5. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

And I thought humans needed: sex, drugs and rock and roll.
    Maslov's pyramid of food security, etc, and self actualization ,fulfillment. And it's not just the medications talking!! :)
    Wheeee. Your Mr Bill

[This Message was Edited on 07/05/2007]
  6. Denamay

Denamay New Member

I wonder how many Americans have lost their lives to the wars in Iraq and Afganistan? Is it worth the price?

Maybe the cost of the fight is eating into your healthcare system.

It seems like a big mess to me. Love Denamay