Why Fatigue with Temperature Change

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

I can understand aches and pains with weather changes, but why the exhaustion??

We are going through a temp change here, and the exhaustion yesterday was overwhelming. I get very scared when this happens. Today, so far, I feel a little better.
    (Knock on wood)

Any theories?
  2. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Low pressure fronts seem to be the trouble-makers.

I went into labor in the middle of a snowstorm. When I got into the doctor's office they told me I was the 5th pregnant mama in a row to go into labor!!!

Now, it seems to increase the FM symptoms - I get achier and stiffer.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  3. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Our bodies are so sensitive to any type of stress. And both barometric pressure dropping, or heat or cold can increase our symptoms.

Some of us are like the "princess & the pea".......feel everything. Having Lupus, the heat is the worst for me, but as much as I love rain, the lowering of it, along with the negative ions crashes me.

Living near the coast, we seldom have "cold, cold" weather, so fortunate not to deal with that as much.

Just like that perfect 60/70's temp range, and much cooler at night for best sleeping.

Isn't our sensitivity just such fun!!

LIGHT*************carole
  4. Empower

Empower New Member

Tee Hee

Funny, I thought about the Princess and the Pea scenario the other day.

Its like, if all the planets are lined up correctly, and the wind blows slightly and the temp is 68 and the humidity is 20, and it is not raining or not snowing, we MAY have a chance of feeling like a normal human being!
  5. Gladiatorgirl2

Gladiatorgirl2 New Member

I moved from Louisiana to California just to get away from the massive temperature changes. I'm a little better living somewhere that temps stay in the 60's/70's range. It really does help.
  6. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Read up about Uthoffs phenomenon, an inability to tolerate high temperatures. Our bodies can't regulate temperature properly. It is common in MS, CFS and sometimes in FM.

Basically, the nerves sends the wrong messages to the brain.

I assume if our body can't regulate temperature properly, the symptoms in warm weather would be a shut down, sort of, with extreme weakness, heart palpitations, etc. Even Syncope, or near syncope.

This is one of my most difficut symptoms.