Why I am cold al the time?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by willruthie1965, Jul 7, 2008.

1. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

It just started a couple weeks ago.I am frfeezing all the time.It's 95 degrees and I am wearing a sweater. THis was neve th case before, I use to sweat all the time.Ruthie
  2. justjanelle

justjanelle New Member

I've heard an underactive thyroid can cause you to feel cold. Hopefully some others have more suggestions for you.

Best wishes,
  3. gidgetsmom

gidgetsmom New Member

Have you had your B12 and iron checked?? Ever since I had the IV iron and B12 shots I no longer get "cold all the time" like I used to.

Was beginning to think I was part of the reptile family for a while!

4. ironspine

ironspine New Member

I too am cold all the time. My husband is always HOT and must have our central air on the Arctic temp all the time. In bed he has a huge blowing on him, I huddle under my 10 blankets begging him for mercy. I HATE airconditioned restaurants and stores. In summer I am the one with the jacket and jeans on, possibly gloves (just kidding)
    I got the thyroid test, and it came back negative. Coldness is a fibro thing, I guess. I found that if I get up and move around-swing my arms, ride my stationary bike a little, whatever, it gets my blood pumping and I get warmer. A temporary fix and not always possible, but a little help. Otherwise, I remain, Overclothed and shivering.
    I'm not a drinker but a little nip of wine or whatever warms anyone!!!
    Good luck!
  5. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

My whole life I've been cold (I've also had fibro my whole life). A few years ago I used to wear 2 sets of clothes to work to stay warm and in the summer used to wear gloves to work due to the AC (and did this for 20 years).

I also ALWAYS wore a jacket in summer and got cold in Aruba every year we went.

Then I hit 40 - and have been hot for the last several years. In March I walked to work in a tank top while the rest of the people outside had winter coats and gloves on (I live in New England).

I'm forced to wear a tank top to work - very unprofessional as I work in an office (I keep a jacket nearby when customers come in) - but it sure beats sweat pouring off me all day!

Having been both, I must say it's actually preferable being cold because there's only so many clothes you can remove!
  6. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

I'm HOT all the time. But the A/C makes my muscles hurt more.

I'm also someone whose face/head sweats constantly. When I practice really, really gentle yoga--I'll be dripping from my face and the back of my neck. The rest of my body is flower fresh. But my makeup is dissolving and dripping on my yoga mat.

And my normal body temperature is a couple of degrees below normal.

I get so turned around with these freakin symptoms sometimes that I don't know whether to scratch my watch or wind my butt.