Why "I got You" is my moniker

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by IgotYou, Oct 1, 2003.

1. IgotYou

IgotYou New Member

I've written on here before about how much I love Christian music and how much it uplifts me. I wanted to share why I chose "I got You" as my moniker. It's because it is the title to my favorite song. We've all seen the "got milk?" ads - implying that the one thing you really need to have is milk. Obviously, I believe the one thing I really need is Christ ("You").

The words of the song, which keep my positively focused every time I log in to this message board, are:

What kind of song do You want to sing for me?
    Is it slow, or is it rock and roll?
    What kind of day do You want to bring to me?
    Rain or shine, I would be just fine.

'Cause I've got everything I need
    I got everything, I got everything

CHORUS:
    I got You, and You're putting it all together
    And it doesn't get any better as far as I can tell.
    I got You, right now and ever after
    And it doesn't even really matter
    That I've got nothing else
    'Cause I got You.

Where do I go when I want to know the truth?
    It isn't me, well it's only You.
    When will I know what You have for me to do?
    Is it now, or is it coming soon?

CHORUS

Be it pleasure or be it pain
    I'm ready for whatever - whatever life may bring
    'Cause I know that in the end
    Everything works together
    For the good of those who love Him.

CHORUS

I just love that song. I posted earlier about searching for what God wanted me to do with my life, and my struggles since this disease has pulled me down, and the realization that He knew all along that I would have it and it therefore did not interfere with HIS plans for me at all. So I may not yet know what His plan is, but I do know that I'll be alright.

More than anything, I search for better health so I can better worship and serve my Lord!

Becky
  2. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Amen, Becky. You sure sound like a positive, even thru adversity. Wish I knew your secret, I pray alot, but especially when i have a hard or tuff day. But you moniker is great. May the Lord bless you.

Danny