Why is it so hard to raise our arms above shoulder level?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tantallon, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Tantallon

Tantallon New Member

I've googled on this and can't find an answer why, maybe somebody here does. I've just tried to hang some washing out but after just one item have given it up as I just felt so ill doing it.

Anyone?

2. Cycie

Cycie New Member

Hi Tantallon & Prickles

Yes this is very painful. When I do the washing I hang what I can on Hangers and with sheets etc I fold them in half and just peg them up instead of trying to put them over the clothesline and then you don't have to drag them off, makes it a whole lot easier.
    I don't know what the cause is, just another symptom of this %@#$%% DD I suppose???? who knows.

It's 3am here in Australia and I have slept for 11 hours and I still feel like a bus has hit me, pain everywhere, I feel like a Zombie....so sick of it all.

It has just started to rain here and boyoooo do we need it bad, has been so dry this winter, but not too cold but I would say we are in for a really HOT Hot summer.

Anyway girls at least we have this board, we would be buggared without it hey.

Take care and I wish you both a lot less pain today than yesterday.

Huge gentle Hugs
    Cycie...downunder

3. justjanelle

justjanelle New Member

but I read something in a FM article some time back that it's bad for us to reach above our shoulders or out more that 12 inches from our bodies.

And that does pretty much hold true for me -- I have much less difficulty with pain and heavy feeling in the arms if I can keep within those "boundaries".

Best wishes,
    Janelle

[This Message was Edited on 08/27/2006]
  4. Tantallon

Tantallon New Member

Thank you for replying and your suggestions, am going to have a look and see what exercises I can do to strengthen my arms to see if that makes things easier for me.

Jan I also thought that this was a problem with this DD but could not find any info out there on it.

Anyway thank you all

Sue
  5. jake123

jake123 New Member

That is a trouble spot with me also. When I blow dry my hair it is very exhausting.