Why is it we run these fevers????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tata1580, Aug 6, 2006.

1. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

I know I have read some where but quite franly not if reading mind to night...I have a normal temp of 97.4 I run a temp from 99 to 101 and today has been 101..with feet and face swelling..this is becoming more the norm for me..

Thoughts any one.

Stay cool
    Tami
  2. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

i was wondering the same thing, my temp has been right around 99.8 or so for the last 5 or so days, i have that happen alot and i dont have any other symptons of a flu or illness besides FM.

sometimes i think oh no i am going to get sick because my temp, but never do.. hum, maybe someone out there has answers for us.

p.s. normal temp is about 97.7-98.3

Julie
  3. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

I don't know about you but some things I have had so long I may not like them but I have gotten use to them..but these fevers which I have had off and on the whole time but they sure seem to kick my butt!!
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Just don't let a fever of 101 or more go on too long without seeing your doctor. IMHO, a fever of 101-102 is NOT the standard low-grade fever that many with CFS/FM routinely have.
    I know from experience that a fever of 100-102 for a couple of weeks is NOT normal.

A lot of us here are in the hot as @#%! sections of the country right now, so that may play a role if you are outside much. But just don't let a fever of 101 or more go on too long without checking with your doctor, especially if you don't have something that clearly says flu or virus, etc.

You try to stay cool, too!!

Hugs,
    Pam
  5. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

Hi...where are you at in KC we moved to Osceola from there several years ago..I was just there well in Independence yesterday..my sister lives not to far from the stadiums...

I will keep an eye on it..but it usually goes for a couple of days and backs off then here it comes again...just one more thing huh?

Our weather here has been just like yours..hotter than..fill in your own blank I guess!!

Thanks
    Tami
    [This Message was Edited on 08/06/2006]
  6. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

fight4acure...so if you come in from outside where it is 102 it takes you awhile to get comfortable....if that is what you are saying than I do that to...we tried to out to eat with the family last night and everyone was about done before I got cooled down enough where I could even think about eating...

Haleycole...so I need to do some reseach on ANS huh?
    Thanks for the info...now I am gonna play my dumb card again...what is a rebounder? Not familar with that either..

thanks for your help
    Tami
  7. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

I'm not sure why we run these fevers, but I suspect it has to do with our impaired immune systems.

My normal temperature is in the mid to high 97 range. As soon as it goes over 99 degrees, I start feeling achy and have the chills. Recently it stays anywhere from 99.5 to 100 degrees. That's when I really feel miserable. However, the last week or so, my temps have stayed normal. I'm thankful because for a while I was having low-grade fevers at least 3 or 4 nights per week.

It's definitely draining when you are constantly dealing with symptoms like this. Hang in there and take Ibuprofen if you need to. It'll help for the fever as well as other symptoms associated with the fever.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sixty to seventy of us test pos. for from one to seven chronic stealth infections. These bugs thrive below our body's radar. Some go latent and later on reactivate. This is common for any of the Herpes Family of viruses, such as CMV, EBV, and HHV-6.

Most of these invade our cells, replicate, and kill the host cells. They then go into the bloodstream in search of new cells to invade. When they are in the bloodstream, our immune systems may recognize them and produce an immune reaction, hence, a temperature. Many of these pathogens are only vulnerable when they are in the bloodstream. That is why, when people take ABX or AV's, every now and then, there will be a big killoff of pathogens and they will have a Herx reaction.

Chronic fevers are a sign of chronic infection. I do not believe it is possible to heal until these infections are addressed. It can take years to erradicate them and in most cases, they are never completely erradicated. There are usually a few stragglers which can reactivate when one gets run down. That is why those of us who take the ABX and AV's or transfer factors have to keep them on hand in case of a reactivation. I also use my zapper to help keep the load down. Oy, it never ends.

Love, Mikie
  9. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm in Overland Park---so you are plagued by this hot weather, too!! At least today and tomorrow are supposed to be a little cooler...

Hope you are feeling better!

Hugs,
    Pam
  10. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

thanks for the responses...

I always thought that an fever meant we were fighting off something..but dang there is an awful lot of fighting going on huh? Still moving some so I guess I am winning!lol

Rynards Syndrome..I am gonna have to look that one up, one good thing here, I have learned a lot of things, more than I have ever know about this DD and others but then I realize I could be more confused than ever...One day I hope to see the light when all makes good sense...will let you know when that happens.

Thanks for caring
    Tami
  11. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

Haley..thanks for the enlightenment on the rebounder and the article on dysautonomia, I am going to print it out and read as I can...I have such a time with reading lots of info and retaining any of it...makes it hard to learn some days..but I keep trying and I thank you so much!!!

Mikie...Chronic Stealth Infectioins..I am also going to print this off..but it has me wondering now...in 1983 I had surgery and I ended up with a horrible sore on my face they finally decided was staff infection with an under lying herpes...eeewwweee!! After that for years and years I was very prone to getting cold sores and not just little ones...you have my brain working now on if then I got sick 9-10 years ago things didn't wake back up or something...
    Will try studing a little more here...thanks for the info..

Pam-d....Howdy neighbor...I feel like you are just down the road a little...were you lucky enough to get some rain today...It went all around us..has not rained here for just about a month.

Thanks you to you all...my brain is a buzzing ....my fever is only about 99 today!!! whoopie!!

Hugs to all
    Tami
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Stealth infections are a real problem for us. It can take PCR DNA tests to reveal some of these pathogens, like the mycoplasmas. Dr. Garth Nicolson told me in an e-mail that, like Lyme, the mycoplasmas can be in cyst form deep inside the body's tissues. They can reactivate when one gets run down. I am back on the Doxycycline because I've been running a temp. following bronchitis brought on by a Red Tide outbreak. It came out as an abcess on my chest which is about cleared up. My doc gives me Rx's for The Doxy to keep around just in case.

As mentioned, Herpes Family viruses can reactivate even decades later. I also keep and antiviral med for when I'm not running a temp but feel fluish and my lymph nodes are swollen. My doc said any time lymph nodes swell, there is infection in the body. Some of us have poor drainage of the lymph system and this can complicate the problem. Massaging the swollen lymph nodes can help get them moving. Hanging in the deep end of the pool on one of those foam noodles will help them drain as well. The slight water movement and pressure in the pool do the work.

The FFC's run the gamut of tests and I think that is good if one can afford it. For people like me in an HMO, things may have to be done on the cheap. I am lucky in that my docs were willing to read the articles and medical papers I brought to them and treat empirically. We knew it was a mycoplasma infection which triggered my illnesses full blown, so that was a no brainer.

When I had facial surgery, I was given Famvir as a preventive, and I went into a temporary, but complete, remission. My doc and I figured I had at least one chronic Herpes Family infection. The usual culprits are EBV, CMV, and HHV-6. The HHV-6 is the most virulent and difficult to lasso in.

That is why, like Rich Carson, I decided to use the transfer factors. I picked the TF C and TF 200 because they cover most of the likely problems. They are very powerful and beneficial treatment options without the side effects of some of the drugs. After three months on the TF's, I now only pulse them every 6 weeks. They still always produce an immune reaction and I always Herx. The reactions they provoke are not nearly as strong as when I started. I know they have helped. Still, when there is a strong reactivation, I rely on the Doxycycline and antiviral.

I basically followed the Dr. Joseph Brewer Protocol which includes taking Heparin to dissolve the excess fibrin in the blood of people with chronic infections. I used injections of Heparin twice a day and that really caused an immune reaction and Herxing as the pathogens lost their hiding places in the fibrin mesh and were exposed en masse to the immune system in the bloodstream.

Finally, I depend on my zapper to help kill pathogens in the bloodstream. That is about the only time they are vulnerable to being killed.

A lot of docs who treat PWC are using drugs empirically. If the patient feels worse and then better, it is a good bet that there is/are chronic infection/s. This is what my docs and I did and I am improving. With CFIDS, though, it is often two steps forward and one step back. Progress is slow but progress is better than getting sicker. I have to look back several years just to see how much progress I have made.

There is a lot more info online if you search the web for stealth viruses or stealth pathogens. You can learn more about mycoplasmas (60-70 percent of us test pos. for them) at Dr. Nicolson'w website, Immed. The HEMEX Labs website has info on the hypercoagulation. These, plus Dr. Cheney's articles here in the Library, are what I presented to my docs. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  13. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

Thank you I think..this all sounds a little scarey!! but it makes since. I am still thinking about that bad deal growing on my face and hiding out for later...I do have now what looks like a boil , low under my arm..last year I had many of these and it took several months for them to clear up..

I will try researching this more, I thank you for all the time you have put into this for me.

I have been to so many drs. in the past 8-9-10 years and I have learned more the first 10 mins. I came to this board than in all of those years, they just heard one symptom and wrote a prescription. I have been on here a little more than a month now...and everyday I read, and read. everyone once in a while I think I have something figured out that will help. and then the next I am lost again. It is gonna be try, try and try again I think.

Oh...what is your zapper? I got stuck on that, don't know what that is or means.

Thanks again
    Tami
  14. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

Hi..I sure hope that it is just a little bug that you are fighting with at the moment and not something you are gonna wrestle with all of the time..It does get old, sure kicks my butt.

Hope you feel better soon

Stay Cool
    Tami
  15. swanson

swanson New Member

Fevers result from viruses, chronic CMV and HHV6. The fever indicates your immune system is trying to fight the virus infection
  16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, it can be very overwhelming in the beginning. I dumped a lot of info on you all at once. I didn't learn it that way. It has taken five years for my docs and me to streamline my treatment regimen. I continue to look for other things to add if they look safe and promising. When my docs and I started these treatments, they were considered experimental and very cutting edge. Now, they are routine at the new FFC's.

Once one starts to research, it is amazing how fast the learning curve takes place. I do think it is absolutely imperative that the chronic infections be addressed for us to heal.

I bought my zapper at the Hulda Clark website. I do not agree with all her opinions but there is a real scientific basis for how the zappers kill pathogens in the bloodstream. Zappers are little battery-operated gizmos about the size of one's hand. The have wires which connect with wrist/ankle straps. You wet the straps and turn on the zapper. It send low-voltage/low-frequency waves through the body's fluids. Most people, including me, cannot feel this electrical wave. I actually have a sense of well-being while the zapper is active. You can learn more about zappers at the website. I haven't been there for a while and I know the FDA made them take off a lot of the info on the zappers. I paid $150 for it and it was worth every penny. It's made in Germany and is of the highest quality.

Don't let all this overwhelm you. It's amazing how fast you will get up to speed. Then, you can choose among various treatment options. I, basically, did them all to try to get rid of my infections. I know that for the rest of my life, I will have to watch out to ensure the infections don't reactivate and take over again.

BTW, at the same time I've been treating my infections, I've been trying to build up my immune system. I take the Jarro-Dophilus probiotics, ImmunPlex undenatured whey, and colostrum, all sold here. I am convinced that they have helped. Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  17. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

Thank your for taking time to reply...I appreciate very much.

Tami
  18. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

This is indeed a lot to take in..I am printing all of this off for quick reference...

You have taken a lot of time for me an I really appreciate it..

I have read over several times now and still is very scarey to think that things you thought you had gotten rid of along time ago are lerking about..kinda like that commercial on tv about the toe fungus guy that crawls under you nail hides and does his stuff!!! yuck..

thank you again

Stay cool
    Love, Tami
  19. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It was the creepy idea that these icky little beasties were basically turning my body into their living quarters which made me determined to get rid of them.

Again, good luck to you.

Love, Mikie