WHY IS SLEEP HABIT CHANGING AGAIN.????????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CATLADY912, Mar 11, 2003.

1. CATLADY912

CATLADY912 New Member

Before I would only get 4-6 hours of sleep. would wake up at the slightest noise. would always wake up around 8am no matter what time I went to bed. Now I'm back to my old ways before FM. I was always a deep sleeper that even a train could not wake up. Now I'm having a hard time getting up even after 7 or 8 hours of sleep. What the heck is going on. If its not the Fibro I wonder if it could be my hyperthyroidism which turned into hypothyroidism about 3 years ago. Got me. Is the sleeping pattern of FM change like that. Going from not sleeping to sleeping allot.?
    ??????
    Thanks a bunch.
    Cheers,
    Janice
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have Fibro for twenty years, and as for my case, there never was a time that I just wanted to sleep or could sleep that long. My biggest problem was not sleeping.

The only time I would feel like staying in bed is if I get that terrible fatigue, but it only lasts a few days, not like with the CFS members. Plus its not really sleeping, I am just pass tired, and don't want to move. But no deep sleep like you just said. This is almost like you are in a deep depression and have no energy or strength to move!

HOpefully someone else can relate to this for you. Its a puzzle to me.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

Janice,
    What's a normal sleep pattern (I forget-lol)?! Some nights I am in bed sleeping at 10pm...some nights I am sleeping at 3am...some nights I am not sleeping til the next morning after my kids leave for school at 8am...
    I sleep between 4-19hrs- YEP! My Dr looks at me like I am such a lunatic when I tell him that! LOL! But it is TRUE! I find that when I am done w/a flare my body craves as much sleep as it can get. When I am in a flare my body wants me to be awake to enjoy the pain (NOT!).
    I have given up on trying to go to bed by a set time. I do force myself to get up every morning (ok, not every, but almost every weekday) at 7am to make sure my kids are up & then if I need to I can go back to sleep til around 3pm. Then I get up again so I am awake when they get home. That's as 'normal' as I can get so I have just accepted it.
    I have embraced the idea that it is okay to 'just survive' w/this DD & I try not to beat myself up over things I have no control over (sleep). Take care!
    Pixie
  4. Mike

Mike New Member

After I took a blood pressure drug for 2 days and then quit taking the drug my metbolism changed completely for the next six months. Prior to taking the drug I was sleeping lightly about 3-5 hours per night always having a difficult time getting to sleep. Then all of a sudden after taking the drug for 2 days, I started falling asleep as soon as I went to bed and slept soundly for 8 hours but the fatigue actually got worse. Now I am back down to about 5-6 hours per night and the fatigue is getting better.