why is there a delete or edit next to my respone.????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chiffon, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Chiffon

Chiffon New Member

Can someone explain to me the purpose of the words delete and edit next to my name when I post.this sound very stupid but anyway how do I get rid of it?
  2. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

When I first started posting on this board, I asked the same question. I was told that "edit/delete" appears only on your own personal post so that you can make changes or totally delete your post.

I don't think you can remove it. I think everyone has it under their user name.

Lolalee

3. kjfms

kjfms Member

...the purpose of the delete and edit next to you post is just that...

The delete is so that you can go back later if you want or when you are posting and delete you post...if you changed you mind, feel it has been posted long enough, or whatever.

The edit is so you can go back and edit your post...if you want to add something, correct spelling, or whatever at a later time or when you post it.

I doubt if you can remove them you will probably need them at one point...I always do...LOL

Everyone has this option on their own posts-not on other members posts.

I hope this helps a little, :)

Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 04/17/2006]
  4. Chiffon

Chiffon New Member

now I don't feel so DUMB!!!!!!!!! chiffon
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

...please do not ever feel dumb. Laughter is the best medicine and if I didn't laugh at myself I would go insane.

You should just see the notes and thing I have in order to get out the door to work, plus the ones to get online....LOL

Always remember there is no such thing as a stupid question...

Take care,

Karen

I had to edit this to spell my own name right...now that is too funny and sad...sigh...LOL

Good grief!!! :)
    [This Message was Edited on 04/17/2006]
  6. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Don't worry about it!

My big confusion here was over the "bumps"! Just wait till you run into those! Ah, well, I'd better tell you now so you won't have the same trouble I did. "Bump" is what you write in the reply box to move the thread back up to the front page again. The board moves fast, so people do this to keep a favorite thread out front when they need more replies. Now you'll have smooth sailing with the bumps too! :)

Love your username. Reminds me of chiffon cakes and fancy dresses. I only made one once, the cake that is, and the thing fell flad as a bad pancake. ;) So, glad you are here to put the spring back into things!
    (((smooth sailing))) Shannon