Why is this board so, so busy-others are not???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by russiankids3, Jan 24, 2006.

1. russiankids3

russiankids3 New Member

This is a great group of people here!! I was wondering-why do you think this board moves so fast while others are so boring and slow? Sometimes it takes a month for someone to answer a question.

I like this board because unlike two other groups I belong to- people get back to you so quickly and are actually so concerned about my questions or problems. The continuous encouragement is such a blessing for me and I'm sure for others. Some people may not have anyone else to talk to and this is their "lifeline". What do you think?

Maybe since we are all looking for a cure, it brings us together almost everyday to brainstorm and to share ideas.
    We all have experienced similar symptoms plus many of us have run into brick walls trying to make others realize the seriousness of these DD(s) and the heartache that goes along with them.

Everyone is so supportive here and I really enjoy the conversations we get into. It's interesting to meet others who share our viewpoints and also those who do not.

Also, the "Off Topics" are so enjoyable and touching that I really look forward to those. Thanks to all who contribute the O.T.s especially the jokes and poignant poems/stories.

Keep it up. Remember you really make a difference in others lives:)

Hugs to all,
    Sue
  2. russiankids3

russiankids3 New Member

Would love to meet you. I've read a lot of your postings and you sound like a great gal!!!

Do you know the Singelais family? They are friends of ours and live in Edinburgh.

I don't know if you are up to meeting my kids, especially my youngest. But since you are a great-grandma, I'm sure you could handle anything!!!! My kids are great, but they are high-energy all the way.

We could arrange it on a Saturday if this is good for you.
    I've lived in Franklin only 2 years and had lived in Trafalgar for 8 years. Husband got transferred out here and we really like it. People very friendly and easy-going. I grew up in Philadelphia so this is a real change of pace for me.

Let me know, O.K.? I can travel to see you or I can pick you up to go out somewhere.

Hugs,
    Sue
  3. russiankids3

russiankids3 New Member

for your kind words and for welcoming me into this great family. A lot of us have so much in common.
    I looked at your profile and saw you are an R.N. So am I. I also thought your picture looked beautiful.. You don't look old enough to be a grandma!!! Take care.
    Sue
  4. CarolK

CarolK New Member

OH YES I AGREE WITH YOU!! There are so many caring people on this board that you do indeed feel like it's a family!

LOTS OF LOVE, CARING, COMPASSION AND THE WILLINGNESS TO LISTEN TO THE HURTS AND PAINS OF OTHERS!!

I think the fact that we can share just about anything and just "let our hair down" with each other, makes this a very comfortable place to come to.

And where else could you go to find a group of people that REALLY UNDERSTAND the monster that these two diseases are! Unless a doctor actually has FM or CFS, they just don't get it. I don't mean that a doctor has to have a cancer to understand it... but because of the very nature of these diseases, that is, they are so hard to define, catagorize or see under a microscope, well doctors just can't seem to grasp what we are actually going through!

I think so many of us on this board are in such need of genuine understanding and we know we can find that here...well on many days that understanding is all we need just to make it through another day.

GOOD POST SUE!! BLESSINGS TO YA... CAROLK
    [This Message was Edited on 01/24/2006]
  5. russiankids3

russiankids3 New Member

((((((((Hugs!)))))))
  6. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

Yes you are right!! I have been on this board for along time now, and I just love it, wouldn't know what to do with out it now. I come on and off, check in and out...when I am really sick I can not even come on, but right after I am right back on either posting or helping someone....
  7. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

Because you can open a post & read all the replies on a page, I get lost & confused trying to figure out some of the other boards - I also think there are so many topics covered that I come here for ideas on battling my cfids
    Amy
  8. JLH

JLH New Member

The board itself is great -- the format, etc.

and the people are WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!

I love all of you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
    Janet
  9. russiankids3

russiankids3 New Member

10. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

WHO ARE WILLING TO LISTEN AND TRY AND HELP. i THINK EVERYONE REALLY SEEMS TO CARE ABOUT ONE ANOTHER. i LIKE THE JOKES TOO. fIRST THING i DO NOW IS CHECK THIS BOARD, AS i FEEL THE FOLK HERE ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO TRULY UNDERSTAND MY PAIN AND HOW HARD LIFE CAN BE, YET WE ALL HAVE TIME FOR ONE ANOTHER. I THINK THERE IS TRUST TOO, AS WE TELL PERSONAL STORIES. I AM SO GLAD I JOINED AS I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND OTHER BOARDS EITHER AND THIS IS GREAT. I AM NOT GREAT ON COMPUTERS AND WOULD POST A PIC BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO.
    ANNE