Why is this website so popular?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abbylee, Oct 30, 2005.

1. abbylee

abbylee New Member

The answer is so simple. Everyone cares about everyone else, and no matter what the problem, someone has had it, is having it, is thinking about having it, or knows someone who has had it.

No one is alone here. Our fears are reassured within minutes. Everyone offers advice - great advice - and makes everyone else feel accepted.

This board moves day and night. It's amazing! I can login at 2:00 a.m. and find people here! The information in the archives must be tremendous!!

I'm so glad I found this place. I can be myself here. It's really the first time I've ever felt at home.

Thank you all for being there,

abbylee And the products are great, too!
  2. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

You're right; Abbylee. I can't believe how much I have learned from this site. It's amazing. This is the most amazing resource, and the people here are wonderful. I feel so blessed to have found it.
  3. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

Hey Abbylee! I couldn't have said it better myself. You brought everything that is wonderful about this board together.

It is such a relief to have others to bounce things off of that truly understand you. For some of us better than family, friends, co-workers, that we interact w/ on a daily basis.

I don't get to hang out on the board as much as I would like. Also don't get to post as much as I would like. But am still working full-time and going to school part-time (yes, I am trying to kill myself!....lol!).

Anyway thanks for the post!

Hugs,
    Jen
  4. ckk

ckk New Member

JUST FOR THE HECK OF IT, I WENT TO 2 SITES AND ASKED THE SAME QUESTION....THIS SITE AND ANOTHER SITE-BASICALLY AT THE SAME TIME, GUESS WHO ANSWERED THE FASTEST AND EVEN ANSERED AT ALL!!!!!!!! THAT WAS 2 DAYS AGO, I THINK...OR MAYBE YESTERDAY ANYWAY THE POINT IS YOU GUYS ANWERED AND THE OTHER SITE STILL HAS YET TO ANSWER EVEN 1 PERSON DIDN'T RESPOND TO ME! AND THAT BOARD DOESNT MOVE FAST AT ALL. SO FIGURE THAT OUT. SO, GUESS WHAT I AM SAYING IS, THANK YOU ONE AND ALL. I WAS REALLY NERVOUS ABOUT MY "JUMPY LEG" THING AND EVEN IF YOU GUYS THOUGHT IT WAS SILLY OR STUPID YOU STILL ANWERED IT FOR ME. EVERYONE HERE IS SO CARING AND THOUGHTFUL IT'S A GREAT FEELING I GOTTA TELL YA!!!!!

CKK
  5. abbylee

abbylee New Member

Don't you just feel at home here? We're like a big family that is extremely devoted to each other and we go out of our way to help.

It's not that easy in society. We get strange looks and if one more person says, "But you look so good!!!), I'm going to barf.

Anyway, we have a very special group and I cherish every moment I'm on it.

abbylee
  6. abbylee

abbylee New Member

Look into Requip for your legs. I'm going to try it as I've heard it works.

abbylee
  7. abbylee

abbylee New Member

Sometimes I take a day or so break, but I always end up coming home.

abbylee
  8. MerrimackRiver

MerrimackRiver New Member

ditto . . . I agree with you - I'm so happy I came across this site. I'm new here so am learning as I go along. Many thanks to everyone for such good info.

I've had fibro for many years also IBS, arthritis, chronic fatigue, restless legs. Sleep is my big problem at the moment.

Here I thought I was alone. You've been so helpful. Thank you all.

Have a good night, Merri

9. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

I do love it here. I really like that there is support for everyone, no matter who we are and what we like or don't like. If we like alternative medicine stuff, we get support. If we like more traditional meds, we get support. No matter what our style is, there is someone here that will help us, male or female, day or night...ya know?
  10. jaltair

jaltair New Member

This site is different in that people answer back, give encouragement, tell you what's helped them, and most of all . . when a person is at their lowest, they can log on and yell, scream, or whatever, and everyone on the Board will let them! Oh yes, also, when you read posts, you see yourself in them!!

I love you all! Jeannette
  11. MerrimackRiver

MerrimackRiver New Member

I've had a lot of problems with restless legs. Have had it for years. Went on Requip in September and it works wonders. It took a little while. You start at a 1/4 mg. for so many days, then 1/2 for, I believe, 7 days, then 1 mg. I'm on 1-1/4 mg. and find that works for me. Have patience. I know that's tough.

Good Luck

Merri
  12. ckk

ckk New Member

WHAT IS REQUIP?IS IT A VITAMIN? CAN YOU GET IT ANYWHERE?

THANKS, AND HAVE A HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CKK
  13. abbylee

abbylee New Member

ckk your doctor will know about requip. Ask him to let you try it.

abbylee
  14. abbylee

abbylee New Member

15. buddylee

buddylee New Member

the other site is a FM site for men .... maybe 300 members total. and like 10 guy who check in atleast once a day. so it slower .

this place is 24/7 , sometime , lots of times I'm the only one a wake at home.
    It great when you get a responce from someone at 2:20 am makes you feel that your not alone.
  16. abbylee

abbylee New Member

Someone is always here, and it's so nice to have this much support.

abbylee
  17. matthewson

matthewson New Member

the members here know so much about FMS/CFS. The information from this board and it's members is tops in my book!

I have visited other FMS/CFS boards and the people here know way more information about medications, supplements, treatments, etc. than all the other boards combined! And the fact that you can get an answer to a question sometimes in minutes is amazing!

I would not be in as good of shape as I am if I had not found this board! My med and supplement regiment all came from postings on this board.

Take care, Sally
  18. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I'm almost homebound snd all of these folks are my friends. I don't know what I'd do without them.
  19. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It is our members who make this place so special and helpful. I've made amazing strides in healing and everything I have heard about has come from our members here.

There is caring, support, and info, thanks to our wonderful members.

Love, Mikie
  20. ckk

ckk New Member

I KNOW THAT PEOPLE HERE SOMETIMES GET UPSET W/OTHERS AND DON'T ALWAYS AGREE WITH WHAT IS BEING SAID, BUT I CAN I JUST PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO LAUGH? I JUST DISCOVERED THAT ANOTHER SITE THAT I WAS ON, THEY KICKED ME OUT!!!!!!!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? NO EXPLANATION, I HAVE NO IDEA WHY, JUST POOF, I WENT TO GO ON AND THEY SAID YOU ARE NO LONGER ALLOWED ON THIS SITE! LOL. GUESS I SAID SOMETHING TO UPSET SOMEONE, WHICH I KNOW I DIDN'T 'CAUSE ALL THEY TALKED ABOUT WERE SIGGYS AND HOLIDAYS, ANYWAY, JUST ONE MORE EXAMPLE OF HOW THIS SITE IS RUN AND WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE BELONG TO IT. SO, THANK YOU ALL OF YOU WHETHER YOU AGREE OR AGREE TO DISAGREE THAT'S WHAT MAKES THIS SITE TERRIFIC, NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO HAVE THE SAME OPINIONS AND THAT'S WHAT I LOVE! THAT'S WHY I ASK YOU GUYS"CAN I HAVE YOUR HONEST OPINION" RIGHT? OH WELL. TAKE CARE GUYS AND HAVE A GREAT DAY. GUESS I WON'T BE GOING TO THAT SITE AND TALKING ABOUT SIGGYS TODAY.LOL LOL LOL

CKK