why me?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FMsolider, Apr 25, 2006.

1. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

Am I the only person who hasn't had any luck with Ultram? I hear all these great things about this drug - from this site and other sources but, I hate it. I am vomiting and itching like crazy. There has been very little pain relief if at all plus, I feel so sedated. I have an appointment with the Rheumy this friday and do not want to tell her. I have already been labeled a drug seeker and last time she thought it was odd that we haven't found a drug that works for me yet. This will be my 3rd visit to her. I am soo dreading it. Anybody else not care for Ultram?
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

You need to let your Doctor know about your side affects .Also that its not working for you.Also remember what works for one may not work for another.

If your Doctor is not willing to treat your pain maybe its time to find a new Doctor.

Took me a yr to find caring doctors.

Good luck
    Sue
  3. jakeg

jakeg New Member

I would definitely tell the doc about this. It almost sounds as though you are having allergic reactions to it. This drug did absolutely nothing for me except make me sick.

As far finding the right drug that can take a while. It took 3 months to find something that worked for me. Then when we found it, it worked really well for a couple of months until I started having allergic reactions to it. It was neurontin. I was feeling really good on this drug, hardly any pain at all.

Right now the only thing I take for it is oxycontin and vicodin.

Jake
  4. Shelbyeatenton

Shelbyeatenton New Member

Please tell your doctor, if only to reduce any extra suffering you are going through! You don't deserve to put yourself through more hell just because this doctor has formed an immature opinion of you. Some people make me sooooo mad!!!!

If they question why they haven't found a drug that works for you yet, why don't you suggest that perhaps it isn't the pills not working for you, its her bad practice!! He he! See how she works for you then!

Seriously though! I have been looking for "the right" medication for months! As long as you remain hopeful that one of those little bottle you take home from the chemist will contain your FM/CFS aid then that will keep you going a little longer!

(believe me that is harder said than done, but if you just try you are halfway there!!)

Sending you hope, love and gentle hugs,
    Shelby
    xxx

PS. Let me know how Friday goes. Don't let her put you down. MAKE her help you. If she doesn't, tell her you will find someone that will!
  5. Fibro-Kel

Fibro-Kel New Member

Dear FMsoldier,
    Hi! I'm kind of new to this site,(I just signed on a couple of days' ago!) But, I'm NOT new to "Fibromyalgia" or the Epstein-Barr-Virus,(I have both!)

I first started taking "ultram" in the beginning. And back then 8 yrs. ago, it worked great! Although, I did "itch" alot at times~.

However, after being off of it for a few years, then going back on it, as a pain supplement,(I take it in between my "methadone" doses!) It has had a different effect! It now makes me "drowsy" at times, and YES!, you will "itch"!!!

I agree with the others. You've got to tell your doctor. And believe me, I've been there, as far as "dreading" telling your doctor, for fear of "what they'll think"! But, if she won't help you, or if she be-littles you, "FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY"

Have you tried vicodine for pain? Or "methadone", or now they have "Duragesic Patches". However, everyone with FM
    has it at different stages. Some have mild cases, while others have more severe cases!

Either way, please, hang in there! And remember, you can't give up! I completely understand your problem, but if we don't keep fighting, this disease will get the best of "US", and we CAN'T let that happen!

Please keep us posted as to how you're doing! I'll keep you in my prayers! Good-Luck FMsoldier!

"Take Care"
    and
    "GOD Bless",
    Kelly (Fibro-Kel)
  6. judyfocus53

judyfocus53 New Member

Ultram dont help me either.The only thing what helps me is Vicodin.

(soft hugs)
    judy

7. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

Thanks, everyone for your encouragement and understanding. I am also glad to know that I am not the only one who did not respond well to this drug.
  8. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

My neuro put me on Ultram when it first came out, but the nausea was overwhelming, and it didn't help the pain like other stuff.

If you've given it a fair trial, your doctor should try something else..IMHO!

- julie (is free!)

You can't make
    "I love you"
    mean what it used to
    It's easier said
    than done.. - Radney Foster
  9. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

ultram did nothing for me either. did not help with the pain at alllllll! do tell your doctor hun,and if she cant help ask to be refferd to another doc. vicodin the only thing thats helped me . good luck onna
  10. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

So far it really seems like vicdin is the only thing that has helped me at all too.I wish doctors were not so afraid to prescibe it. I wish there was a doctor with Fibro out there somewhere...at least they would understand.