Why Must We Get Lawyers???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, Apr 21, 2006.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I honestly don't think it's fair that we must pay attorneys for SSD monies that we worked hard for that belong to us in the first place. If we are disabled, then LET THE PAPERWORK talk!!! OK, venting here again.

I just wondered how many agree? The sad part is that I know of people that are on SSD that are doing hard, labor work and I can't do much of anything. I can barely get up in the mornings. I realize that's life but sometimes life just doesn't seem fair. Which brings me to another post I read here about SS having someone watching people. Makes you wonder, huh?

Thanks for listening,

BlueSky555

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

one doesn't have much chance of winning a disability case w/o an attorney.

My mother applied for soc sec benefits (not disability) when she turned 65. Even that was turned down. The SS people are very reluctant to part w/ what they think of as THEIR money.

(She eventually got her benefits.)
  3. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

I have noticed that most of my American friends on this board have to get lawyers in order to get their SSD monies. That is so awful. Can you not get reimbursed for the fees that you have to give to the lawyer if you win? Being so sick, and then being denied what you paid into, that must be sooo hard. My heart goes out to you. Maybe somebody will have some answers for you. Marie
  4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

ouch, I, like you, will fight this from now on because I will never work again. I have a relative that has FM and fought for 7 years to win her case but her attorney LOST her paperwork, which caused the delay. Can you believe??? I'm happy for you that you hung in there as long as you did. Good For You!!!

Gigi, How sad! Basically, it sounds as if you did the work yourself as for the paperwork and "he" got paid. That is SO bad. I'm sure I will face many hardships/problems/etc. but thanks to you, I'll sign NOTHING until I'm sure I know the attorney will work for ME! I'm happy for you as well that you won. I think lawyers and judges work together.

Thank you both for responding and I suppose I'll be looking for an attorney........carefully.

Take Care!

BlueSky555