Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by street129, Apr 26, 2009.

1. street129

street129 New Member

why is it that everytime i make a post, no one respond, if i post about being of the black race, everybody has something to say, when it doesnt help with my questions. i need a new board, with people that cares.

2. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

The people on this board care about each other very much. A lot of the time people may view your post but not have an answer for you, so you may see that your post is being viewed but no one has an answer so no one responds. You have to be patient with everyone as we are all sick in one way or another and the people who might have the answer aren't always on line. It's exhausting for some.

Patience is a virtue and we do care. I will always answer a post if I can but sometimes I just don't know the answer.

wishing you the best
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

to this question in one of your other posts....but I want to reassure you again that people on here do care, and that I hope you don't get frustrated and go somewhere else
  4. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

Street, adding to what the others said I notice that a lot of times no one answers post until someone else does. It's like they don't want to be the first to respond or they are afraid of making the wrong suggestions. I don't always answer because I'm not on here much. I have had questions where no one has answered, I just figured no one knows. Please don't give up on the people here, they really do care. We're all sick and trying to find answers. And it can be frustrating when you have just been diagnosed with FM/CF. I came here every day when I was first diagnosed to get answered and to see what helped everyone. This is where I found out about Dr. Farr from Cateyes.
  5. spacee

spacee Member

I will answer you! I will!

6. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Please remember we are all sick and do the best we can. Street this board can move really fast and sometimes a post will move on to the second page. If you see your post towards the bottom without an answer you can always "bump" it back to the top.

Just "reply" to yourself...put a "b" or bump in the title and the same in the message area.

This is get your message back up to the top of the first page:)

7. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

Hi Street!

I understand your anger / frustration.
    I know what what it's like, feeling like I've been dismissed by the whole freakin world. And I know what it's like living in a world where we aren't supposed to be angry about it. We're not supposed to make others uncomfortable. Anger makes peeps uncomfortable. They make sure we know we're wrong for not considering others' feelings above our own - EVERY time, no matter the circumstances... BS!
    BRAVO to you for speaking up! I don't make it easy for people to ignore / dismiss me either!

Sometimes, acknowledgement is more important than answers.

My question is: You said you "post about being of the black race".
    I find that interesting since the subject here is about being chronically ill. I'm VERY aware of how rampant racism / classism / sexism is in my local healthcare system. But I haven't read your posts about being black, so I don't know if that's what you talk about.
    The people who are on the top of the worthy-patients list, aren't even aware of this. I'm painfully (almost fatally!) aware of how differently patients are treated.

I refuse to be ignored to death!
    I'm guessing you feel the same way?
  8. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

sometimes it takes people time to answer you but sometimes I agree if they don't have the answer they don't they may just view the post. I have posted alot of questions that got few answers if any check bobbycat. But I take it that they can not help me. Sometimes I look up the research site to get some of my answers from old post. Please do not take this personal, been there. We are all ill and may not be on this site all the time. But please keep posting and if I can answer your question or tell you what I have done if I have a similiar experience I will. Stay with it. Take care. Bobbycat Lots of caring people here.
  9. Empower

Empower New Member

You have got to catch their attention in the title

Alot of the title we type in is cut off, so make sure it is descriptive at the very beginnning