Why O Why Do We Have To Pay Such A Price.......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tonakay, Feb 25, 2006.

1. tonakay

tonakay New Member

To try to have a 'normal' week-end? I guess this is my day to whine. My son (27) and grandson (5) have been spending every other week-end at my house. It is my son's visitation week-end. I look forward to it every two weeks now and can't wait for them to get here. But.......

By Sunday I am more than ready for them to leave. I have been in and out of bed all night with pain and aches in my legs and my back hurts... yada yada yada.... all from just a 'normal' week-end of what 'grandmas' are supposed to do. Irks me to no dang end to be stuck in my jammies by Sunday!

But you can bet that by a week from Friday I'll be waiting with my crayons ready for him to show up again...LOL

Ok, I'm done whining and feeling sorry for myself, I have way to much to be thankful for and if today is a do-nothing day to rejuvenate myself than so be it!

Thanks for reading and hope you all have a wonderful Sunday...

Hugz,
    Tona
  2. gidgetsmom

gidgetsmom New Member

"Normal"???? What's that?? I haven't had one in quite a while!!! I feel the same about cleaning house as you with your grandson. Friday after work I've got it all planned out.

I'm going to bed early, get up early, and get busy!!! By Saturday morning I'm thinking maybe tomorrow..and Sunday it's either do or do NEXT weekend!!!!

My son and his girlfriend are coming for supper tonight, so my husband has offered to help today!!!

Just wanted ya to know you're not alone!!
  3. tonakay

tonakay New Member

thanks for the reply. Thank goodness for hubby's that help huh? Have fun at your dinner with your son tonight!
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have friends who are healthy and by the weekend, they are also ready for their children and grandchildren to go home.

Being with my grandson is pure joy but it always leaves me exhausted. Just watching my daughter and SIL take care of him leaves me exhausted.

I spend lots of "jammie time" and I just give thanks that I can when I need to.

Love, Mikie
  5. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Thanks for your reply... I just saw your updated photo of your little guy, what a cutie!

I accept my 'jammie' days but just once in a while it bumms me out, but I come here to the board and read some of these posts and jeez Mikie it makes me thank the good Lord for how well I do get around and 'cope' with all this crap...

Thanks again and hugz to that little boy you have now grandma!
    Tona
  6. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Is definately not doing anything today. My g'son had just left yesterday afternoon when my other son and g'daughter arrived... so grandma Tona was up and at it again. I need new coloring books...lol

I am so pooped from picking up after everyone and cooking for everyone that I wonder how in the heck I did it when all the kids were still at home! My body feels as if I'm wearing a lead suit today....
  7. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I know just how you feel, Tona.

I have a 5 year old grandson I love so much I could eat him up and I used to have him overnight lots.

Now all I can take is a few hours with him and I feel lousy about it. First of all, I miss him, and second of all, he likely wonders whe he doesn't stay at Grandma's anymore.

Take care and thanks for sharing.

Sue
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, it does get old and I think we all get bummed out now and then. We wouldn't be human if we didn't. Still, like you say, we do cope amazingly well and we can be proud of that.

Love, Mikie
  9. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I'm thankful that I can follow around after the kids for whatever amount of time I can. I read so many posts on here of folks much worse off than I am. I guess we learn to cope with whatever life hands us. When the g'kids grow up they will know how much we love them..... those smiles make it worth all the pain we suffer!

Hugz,
    Tona
  10. mariee

mariee Member

Hi there,
    I love being a grandma. And I go at it like I did as a mom...doing everything for everyone.
    I use to kid, "Where was I, when I was raising a family?" Since I don't work, family thinks I can be on call for them. But I found I cann't do it anymore. My health gets worse.
    So I sat my family down...told them. You are welcome here, and I will continue to babysit, but I need your help!
    My mom was a mom to 12 kids, and grandmother to 24. She never babysat, and when we went to grandma's house...we did the work!
    So I think we need to be nutured as grandmas use to be!
    Anyone else?
    JMHO
    Mariee