Why would the Meyer's Cocktail have this effect?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mxmom419, Jan 19, 2007.

1. mxmom419

mxmom419 New Member

Yesturday I had the Meyer's cocktail at my doc's office.
    (Vit C, Magnesium, 3 different Vit B's and B complex)

Afterward I felt lightheaded and shaky but, they said that might happen. Finally about 4 hours later I started to feel ok.

Then I went to bed and BAM!!! I hurt all over! I had muscle spasms in my legs and back. My ankles felt like tight ropes, my shoulders and hips throbbed. My abdomen felt like someone had it in a vise. My lymph nodes in my neck and armpits were pounding!

I don't get it! I woke up this morning feeling like a bad crash! I'm shaky, don't want to eat, thirst like I've been in the desert for a month without water and stiff like my legs and hands forgot how to work. Eveything is like a struggle.

I thought this cocktail was supposed to make me feel better!

What the heck happened? I'm going to call the doc but, don't know if he's in on the weekends. I'm also gonna call my LMT..again she might not check her messages until Monday. Until then I don't know what to do!

I can't sleep. I'm pale with raccoon eyes. and I'm mad as all get out!!!

I hate this!!! The harder I try to feel better and get back to my life the worse it gets!!! Sorry for venting. I'm not looking for pitty. Just answers!

Got any?
  2. Kombucha

Kombucha New Member

I tried this around 8 years ago. While the needle was still in I started getting tense and tenser until I was rigid as a board with all my muscles activated when I complained to the Naturpath then she stopped the IV. She said I was chemically sensitive and could not tolerate the cocktail.

So know it is not for you. You will recover from this. Sorry that it didn't work out for you.

Linda
  3. mxmom419

mxmom419 New Member

Or, will it be okay and just get on with my regular routine of supplements?
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Sorry that you had such a bad experience. In some cases the Meyers can start a detox process. If you have a heavy toxic load, you may be detoxing.
    When I started the Meyers, I felt good for the first few and then began to feel worse. That got my Doctor thinking and she tested me for heavy metals. I had high mercury levels and we began a chelation process.
    It may simply be that it was too much too soon for your body; we are all so sensitive. I think you will be OK but you need to have a good talk with your Doctor before you try again.

Kathy
  5. acer2000

acer2000 New Member

Myers cocktail can sometimes have glutathione in it. If you are mercury toxic, it can cause problems. You really need to encourage your body to make more of its own glutathione. Injecting it or eating it doesn't do much to help and it can cause weird things.
  6. mxmom419

mxmom419 New Member

I just got my hair sample results back and it said that I have trace amounts of mercury but, not enough to be toxic. I think you're right when you say too much too soon. I'm going to take this weekend easy and call the doc on Monday. I'm going to go ahead with my regular supplement regimine and see how I feel. Does the glutathione have anything to do with my hypoglycemia? If so maybe that is more of a major problem than I have paid attention to. Thanks for all the input and encouragement. I'll make it I always do.
    Stacey