Wicca - I saw a few postings

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by LauraLea, Nov 4, 2004.

1. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

I am new to posting on the message board. I usally only post on the FM board.

I have just started practing Wicca and wanted some feedback from those of you who have been in this practice for awhile.

How do people take it when you tell them?

Have you noticed any improvements in your health?

This is something I've wanted to do for a long time but never took that last step. I have contacted a local covenant, and will be invited to their next open meeting. I'm very excited about this new chapter in my life.

Thanks for any feedback
    Laura
  2. ginn266

ginn266 New Member

Please Please really look into what you are or might be practicing. Wicca seems like it might be a friendly thing, but it will suck you in and drain the life out of you. It is very deceptive. I really believe this religon is evil and at first people are excited, but in the end the religion is full darkness and no hope. So if I offended any WICCAN's here, but I feel the truth must be told, many are fooled by it.

Gin
  3. jill5050

jill5050 New Member

Laura,
    You may not find the support you desire here. Quite a few people here are Christians (myself included). Christians believe that you only have one God, and don't practice idolatry.

What are you looking to gain in Wicca? Are you looking to belong, or feel better physically? Just to let you know, you can get those things from a church.

There are a lot of different churches out there to visit, and see if you feel comfortable. Personally, I feel better since giving my life over to the Lord. I have faith now, and hope too. It gets me out of bed in the morning.

I used to be "New agey". I now realize that they use a lot of religous ideas, then spin them into a religion of convenience. It always left me feeling empty.

I never feel empty now. I saw other peolpe that this happened to and wondered how they achieved it. Now I know- just give your life over to the Lord. What a stress reliever! Every burden isn't on your sholders, it's on His. That's the way He wants it! You don't have to be in control, because He is!

I wish you the best in your journey.

Blessings,
    Carlie
  4. billiegail

billiegail New Member

I have to agree with the other two ladies. My friend wants to join a wiccan community, but still claim to be a Christian. I have tried to talk to her, but that is between her and the Lord.

If there are Wiccans here, I don't know of any. Most seem to be Christain or just not verbal about their beliefs.

I know that most "non-Christians" do not like to talk about their beliefs around a christian for fear of being berated. I don't think you will have to worry about that here. as you can see, there has yet to be a degrading or berating.

This is a worship board, however, and it does not say "Christian Worship" so, I hope (if you are still interested in Wicca) that you find the support that you are looking for.

God bless you
    ~BillieGail~
  5. Lupian

Lupian New Member

of the word worship. As Christians we know what worship means, and it is for one only - we worship God. Next I would ask whom would a wiccan worship? It's true this board does not specificy that one must worship any one being, but I think it might be appropriate for each of us to tell whom we worship on this worship board. Would this be right? Correct me of course if wrong.
    Thanks
  6. LEAMsMom

LEAMsMom New Member

I myself am not Wiccan, but MANY of my family members are. Please do not mix up "True Wicca" with the fly by night religions out there. In actuality Wicca is more of a "way of life", like buddism. And with Wicca, you can be Jewish or Christian and practise Wicca. What Wicca actually is, is being one with nature and G-d. They see G-d as G-d, Mother nature, Male, Female, the almighty creator. A lot of Wiccan practises involve nature, and being one with the earth and all that G-d has created. That is why they use herbs, and try and heal naturally before going to synthetic meds. They see G-d in everything living.
    I agree that you have to be careful, there are a lot of misleading practises out there. But true worshippers of Wicca are in no way evil, actually the exact opposite.
    That is of course my opinion
  7. me123

me123 New Member

Please turn to Jesus. He has the answers we search for. He will never leave or forsake us. He cares. He asks us to cast our burdens on Him. He has helped me with sickness and so many other things. I am blessed. His blessings are for all who will come to Him in faith believing.
  8. Urse

Urse New Member

This is something you should stay completely away from--
    seriously think about this-

Urse
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is a nondenominational borad, even though the majority of people who frequent it are Christian. Laura did ask for opinions and it is fine to respond with opinions on Wicca. I do think there is a lot of misinformation out there on this practice. There are some dark and destructive sects in even some of the mainstream religions and Wicca is no different. Actually, Wicca probably isn't really a religion. Buddhism is not a religion, per se, but rather a philosophy. I think Wicca is like that.

What we do have to be careful of is getting into the area of "the one true religion." Each of us believes we are practicing the true religion which will get us into Heaven, but we may be practicing different religions from one another. We can't tell someone else that the only way to Heaven is by practicing our religion.

That doesn't mean we can't refer to Jesus, Allah, Muhammud, Jehovah, God, etc. I just means we don't judge others for whatever they believe.

I removed the other thread here about Wicca and one member was banned without warning for a response which was so blatently rude that no warning was needed. She had been warned in the past for her rudeness.

Laura, since you asked for opinions, you will likely hear from people who consider Wicca dangerous. Some may have friends or relatives who have gotten into a dark version of it.

To tell you the truth, for the purposes of this board, it doesn't much matter what anyone practices. We are here to offer prayer, support and inspiration for our brothers and sisters who suffer, regardless of religious affiliation or beliefs.

Love, Mikie
  10. roadkill

roadkill New Member

I used the teachings of the Christ to connect me to God and to awaken spirituality in me.

I have been in a "christian cult" and barely survived getting out.

After years of healing I remember reading the passage, I am the Way, the Truth and the Light.... No one comes to the Father except by Me. Or something like that.

Anyway, I was thinking to myself, What is Jesus talking about here. I was quite frustrated because to be frank, Jesus aint physically here to talk to. What did he mean? Then I recalled, he said he would send his spirit. The Holy Spirit is what he said. Ok, I thought What is the Holy Spirit. The fruits of the spirit are love, joy, peace, yada yada yada. Then I realized the Holy Spirit is the spirit of God. Who is God? Well, to be naive and honest, to me God is the spirit of love, sanity, healing, compassion, comfort, goodness, truth anything and everything that is good. Then I saw with spiritual eyes that God's spirit is everywhere. Goodness, healing compassion, laughter, wisdom, etc etc in education, medicine, art, nature, psychology, people, architecture, mathematics, islam, buddhism sports, CBT etc. Everywhere.

I would not accept that according to one interpretation of the bible that most of the earth's inhabitants were going to die and exist in hell. This is not God. All I know is that when someone condemns or judges another person, or race, or religion it hurts my spirit and my state of mind.

What I realize is that I am Christian because I came to know God through the teachings of Jesus and this is my path. However, I see that there are many paths to God. Whichever way a person finds that connects them to a spiritual communication with that Spirit of Love and Goodness and healing, that which connects a person to themselves is their path. We are not to judge against the fruits of the spirit when they are present.

I don't understand the complexity and profound dimensions of the Trinity Godhead but I do know that no human being on earth can understand this either. It is meant to be that way.

In my personal experience any group that says that this is the only way, then it is the wrong way.

Jesus taught us to be free. He didn't say "Check your brain at the door". Use your head and your heart. I am free to "take what I want and leave the rest" of anything because there is no one religion, philosophy, group, etc that has pure truth.

It is my understanding that Wicca is a practice that celebrates and utilizes the innate powers of women and nature . Like any group there may be an unhealthy offshoot created by someone's ego.

I know from experience that women are extremely powerful when it comes to healing because we have innate skills of communication, nurturing, and cooperation. I see the burning of so called witches of old was a result of men seeing the power of women and being afraid of it.

I think they were the original true healers because they knew how to tap into the love that nature provides to us.

I respect the idea of celebrating the power of women and of nature. I think it is a beautiful idea. I see the Spirit of God in this philosophy. I see the Way, the Truth and the Light.

[This Message was Edited on 12/11/2004]
  11. earthmama

earthmama New Member

Hello all. For some of us the internet is our only connection to the outside world and this site is the best online support for people suffering from CFIDS/FM. As a Christain I am saddened by some responses on this thread. As Chritains we should be compassionate,supportive and practice loving kindness. This thread has has not demonstrated this.I noticed that a couple of posts were deleted because of their rude content.I feel that more than those two posts had a rude "tone"to them. I have read the rules and am now unclear as to what constitutes as being rude.
    This is a SPIRITUAL worship board and not just a board for us Chritians. I hope that we can be as open to others beliefs as we want them to be to ours.We should not make them feel unwelcome because they may not believe in the same way. People with this illness are beaten and battered by the outside world enough. It should NOT happen here. This could be there only safe haven of support and sense of communtity. It could be there last place for hope and healing.
    I pray that we can be as compassionate,understanding,and loving as I know Jesus is.
    God Bless
  12. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

Yes, the Bible teaches to be tolerant and love thy neighbor. The two above post are wonderful in explaining this. But, if you do believe in the Christian Bible it states very clearly NOT to worship other gods and NOT to indulge in idolatry and NOT to set anything above the Lord.
  13. sweetpeas

sweetpeas New Member

I empathize with many of you here insofar that I do not believe in cramming my beliefs down anyone else's throats. Although I've been careful for the most part not to do this, it's amazing how many people I have encountered who haven't hesitated to do that to me. Here's my two cents....
    Having always been a curious person particularly about arcane knowledge, I have at times voraciously read and studied about....well, you name it. When I was relatively young, I read everything I could get my hands on about witchcraft. Even though I never practiced it and was merely curious, I think it opened up some unhealthy (spiritually and otherwise) paths in my life. You might want to check out the biblical passages in the Pentateuch, specifically Exodus and Leviticus, as well as I Samuel, relating to witchcraft.) One of my undergraduate degrees is in philosophy (yeah, logic, metaphysics, epistemology, and all that stuff). Although philosophy (particularly symbolic logic) will sharpen your thought processes, it poses more questions than provides answers. While studying philosophy, I was ironically also involved (Hmmmm, are these mutually exclusive or complementary?) in some in-depth Bible studies as well and was reminded of the verse...."ever learning and never coming to the knowledge of truth"....a wonderful summation of the world's philosophies, much of it being pseudointellectual and circumlocutious. Have you researched the historical roots of wicca? Are you familiar with animism, druidism, Rosicrucianism, the Knights Templar, the Illuminati, and their modern counterparts as such? While studying comparative world religions, I was encouraged by one professor, a rather erudite and open-minded rabbi, to do primary and secondary source research and cross referencing between the generally recognized Protestant Canon (sans apocryphal books), Catholic Canon (w. the Apocrypha), and the pseudopegraphical books (books generally considered spurious by most Catholics and Protestants alike). It gave me a greater understanding and appreciation of the differences between Catholics and Protestants. Additionally, it allowed me to be a bit more informed about the formation of the Canon, rather than merely parroting what a pastor or priest had said. (By the by, I will always be impressed by a retired minister I know who reads daily the New Testament in the original Greek. How wonderful it must be not to rely on someone else's translation! If you've studied a foreign language, you know that sometimes it's challenging to translate fine linguistic nuances.) Although my studies may have had some intellectual value, not all of them have had a spiritual one. The Bible admonishes us to "be....wise as serpents and harmless as doves" (found in Matthew 10, I think). Some things I'm glad I've learned, others not. Please, be careful and do your homework. Consider the sapience of your interests. I am merely expressing my opinions and concern.
  14. kriskwon

kriskwon New Member

One thing to add. If you are a Bible believing Christian, and what I mean by that is that you belive that the Bible is the undisputable Word of God - then you know (or maybe you don't) that there is only ONE way to God and that is through His Son, Jesus Christ. I am only mentioning this because some people claim that they believe both is true - that you can worship both Jesus and wicca at the same time. I have a girlfriend that is a true Wicca and believe me, she doesn't want any thing to do with Jesus Christ, nor the God of our Bible. I am not condeming other religions, as a matter of fact Jews are God's chosen race. I just wanted to point the above out.
  15. sambodhi

sambodhi New Member

Lupian - Most Wiccans worship the Lord and the Lady, although some follow other paths.

I honestly can't believe some of the comments I read on here! These boards are supposed to be a place of support and all I saw was a good old fashond religion bashing! The Wiccan faith is not evil! I can't think of many faiths that I would consider to be evil! If you hear something about a faith, you should really look it up on a non-denominational, independent, educational website.

Thank you to the person above who mentioned Wicca and Buddhism are lifestyles (I am Buddhist, and I agree). These faiths carry a lot of philosophy (and some spirituality) rather than religious dogma. And, it's true, you can be of more than one faith (it's actually common in eastern cultures to be of at least two faiths); there is nothing wrong with mixing theological philosophies. Remember: "Faith and Reason are like the shoes on your feet; you can go further with both than you can with only one."
  16. lbconstable

lbconstable New Member

Roadkill - I like your interpretation!!

Mikie thanks for your input. As always well said!

lauralea my you find peace & health in all of your future travels!!!

Love & Light, Laurie
  17. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

Read Mikie's advice...
  18. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

why such an old thread was bumped but I get it now. This whole drama has played out before.

I can hear Barack Obama talking on my TV about the new day of hope and tolerance and togetherness that has dawned today.

Please let it dawn here, too.

Peace
  19. PainPainGoAway

I remembered this post because I'd researched God's name some time ago and found this. I'm not Wiccan
    I normally don't even come over to this board-- my beliefs are secure and I get spiritually fed from my own congregation-- I am really blessed that way. My own religion is banned in many places around the world and if anything, I believe strongly that there should be freedom in worship all around so this is just blantantly offensive.

As Rafiki always says --
    Peace!!!
    Cindy
    [This Message was Edited on 01/20/2009]
    [This Message was Edited on 01/20/2009]
  20. PainPainGoAway

Respect is very important...you don't always have to agree, but can be respectful.

I hesitated bumping this, but I'm glad I did too. I don't want to stir up anything else, but like mentioned, this has happened before and it's time to just be respectful of all posts as long as they are not attacking or rude.

Cindy