wide awake

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by slightfade, Oct 16, 2006.

1. slightfade

slightfade New Member

Does anyone fall asleep and wake up two or three hours later fully awake? I am going thru a relapse now and this happens almost every night. It takes a half-hour to an hour to fall back asleep.
  2. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I usually wake up at least 2-3 times a night, most every night. Sometimes I can't go back to sleep for a while, so I watch TV for a bit. Other nights, I am so exhausted, I am wondering why I am even waking up at all. Then, I usually fall back to sleep within 30-45 minutes. My sleep patterns are very messed up. As soon as I see a Rheumatologist on Wed., to go over blood tests, I am going to ask about natural sleep remedies. I don't want to do prescriptions, because I have small children and I do not want to be in such a deep sleep that I don't hear them if they need me. Hopefully, some members of the board can respond with some helpful meds or something else. Just wanted to tell you that I am in the same boat. Take care, Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 10/16/2006]
  3. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I'll ask the dr. on Wed. about trazodone. I have not heard of that med. I do need to find a way to get better rest at night. Take care, Kim :)
  4. ladykew

ladykew New Member

Hi, Slightfade:

This happens to me every night. It just so happens that I am scheduled for a sleep study tomorrow night at 8:30 pm.

I'm hoping this will answer some questions for me. I have FM/CFIDS, but I'm thinking this is not all of my problems. I also have been in a bad flare, but I'm wondering if I have a sleep disorder beyond the normal sleep disorders associated with FM; such as sleep apnea.

Guess we'll find out!

I'll post Wednesday morning when I get home and report. If it helps me, maybe it's something you would consider doing also.

Best of luck.
    ~~~Lew
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

I do.

I've just had a hard time sleeping lately due to all of my back, hip, and knee pain.

I'm wide awake now, at 2:23 a.m., but I've got to get off of the computer now, because my back is hurting so much that I just can't sit up in a chair any longer!

Good night!
    Janet
  6. enjoysue

enjoysue New Member

I also wake up after 2-3 hours of sleep. I've even tried staying up late like I am doing right now but no matter what I still wake up by at least 7. I don't take a nap in during the day either. No wonder my muscles never repair themselves. It used to be that I had so much energy in the morning but now I just don't have any energy at all.
    All my children are grown so I don't have to worry about them waking me up thankfully. I too tried trazadone but I don't recall how it helped me if any. I just remember that I had to take 400mg of it to get me to sleep but remember everyone is different. I seem to need more meds than the average person.
    Keep on trying new things. Something will eventually work for you but then that will no doubt wear off and you'll have to change it again at some point perhaps. Good luck!