wild oreganol

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sixtyslady, Apr 10, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

Has anyone used wild oreganol? I"ve been using it just externally like under my nose because my son had a bad cold
    and I didn"twant to catch it.I just wonder if theres any side affects to this , would like to know if anyone else has used it. Thanks Sixtyslady
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Sixtyslady:
    Did you read this in a book or something? It might be based on fact, but my first impression is that it could be an old wives tale.

n.f.
  3. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I read from another post, that they used it under their nose when they go out in public to help not catch virus. and I have the book the cure is in the cupboard. its says to take 1 or 2 drops under the tongue also can put on childrens feet .
    because I can only use very few things I"m careful so thats why I haven"t taken it orally yet.
    I" also used it on my spin last winter when I had a virus and I think it did help. It says in the book to rub it on the outside of the ear for ear infections. but never drop into the ear, so I rubbed it behide my ears and on the front of my throat all last week I just could"t afford to get what my son had.I also use olive leaf nose spray and throat spray for colds and sore throats it really helped my son I do use alot of the older remedies. my Chriopactor told me to use castor oil on a flannel peice of cloth over my liver, then heating pad on low at night.to help my liver funtion better. you know I forgot about that I"m going to start doing that again. I did that 10 yrs ago when I first came down with fibro. I was one sick puppy 10 yrs ago my friend would take me to my chiropactor and they would sit me a chair and roll be back to the room. we had a big vitorian house at the time and all the kids where gone except for the late commer. so we sold our house and bought a ranch all on one floor. I was so weak that I could"t walk in for the closing on the house they had to bring papers out to the van for me to sign.I really thought I wasn"t going to make it. but I knew my husband and 10yr old son could manage the smaller house.thinking about this makes me know i can get this under control again. Thanks for your post. Sixtyslady
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Oil of Oregano is considered to be a very effective anti viral. The best is from the North American Herb and Spice Co. Do a search. There is a lot of information.

Kathy.
  5. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

yes I just ordered another bottle. its suppose to kill the bird flu.I've just been alittle to scared take it because of my stomach problems. but I do think it has helped me.and kept me from getting all the nasty bugs this winter. Just a thought. sixtyslady