Will a rheumy be helpful for someone who has osteoarthritis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Feb 17, 2007.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I wanted to know it a rheumy would be a good doctor for me to have since my insuracne is not wanting to pay for my pain doctor. I have ddd, fibro, degnerative joint disease, MPS, facet syndrome, bulging discs, radicoulopathy of the lumbar spine, osteoarthris in both knees and left wrist,and there is more but don't have time to put them all down.

I wanted to know if a rehumy would be as good as my pain doctor we have a new one in town who treats paitens with narcotics and since I am on them I would like to know if he could be helpful for me. I am so frusterated with the insuracne thinking that this should go on my deductalbe that I am just streed out about it.

I am just wondering about what it best for me in doctors. MY pain doctor is a good doctor but I have a lots of problems with his billing system and the people who run it.
    With this rehumey he is in the hospital so I would be billed differtly and hopefully better. More honest and timely.
    THis is just a thought . I don't really want to change but if my ins is going to be a pain about this then maybe a different MD would work better.
    Just wondering.
    HUGS,
    Rosemarie
  2. pat460

pat460 New Member

You might want to give him/her a try. I started seeing one about 3mo. ago(fibro, osteoporosis, arthritis, just to name a few)and he seems very knowledgeable about pain But I also have a pain dr. who prescribes the narcotics for me He did give me a very good exam and started treating me with Lyrica which has helped a lot.

pat460
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Rosemarie;

I always get that 'second opinion'. Even though you trust the doc you have, what is wrong about seeing someone eles to re-evaluate, etc.

Maybe you can make a clear decision then.

nyrofan