Will fibro leave when Lyme does?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jbennett2, Sep 28, 2005.

1. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I also have lyme, and someone on the lyme message board says that once the lyme is cured, the fm symptoms will go away too. Is this too good to be real? I have been living with pain for so many years, that I can't imagine life without it. It would be a whole new life.
  2. sickasadog

sickasadog New Member

i heard mix things.... some say the fibro will go away once the lyme is treated..... some say it will linger.

I have both late stage lyme and fibro. Do you see a LLMD?

SD
  3. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

Love your name. Yes, I see a LLMD
  4. goodma

goodma New Member

I found out I had Lyme disease and was treated for it for 5 years. My next diagnosis was Fibro which incidently they suspect is caused by a virus. My lyme disease is cured, but the Fibro came to visit and just moved on in and won't leave.

I found a CFS/Fibro support group helped when my family didn't understand and couldn't understand unless they experienced what I was.

Hope this helps
  5. shalimac

shalimac New Member

I also had lymes disease 2 years ago. They diagnosed the lymes, prescribed antibiotics, retested one year later. All of the rheumatoid-like pain remained, even though blood tests showed that antibiotics had cured the lymes. Therefore, they tested target areas for fibro, and lo & behold, it was fibro.
    They can't say which came first, fibro or lymes, but clearly the fibro remains.
  6. nanswajo

nanswajo New Member

Rats...I just had a detailed Lyme test and we think that is my problem, but I was hoping the FM would go away after I treat for Lyme.

I do now have a great practitioner who treats it naturally and says she has good results.

Here's hoping.....

Nancy