Will I Never Learn??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by msnova74, Aug 25, 2008.

1. msnova74

msnova74 New Member

I have posted about my wonderful experience with Cymbalta.

I actually slept 8 hours Friday night. I cannot remember the last time I have slept over 6 hours. I also was able to walk 11.97 miles last week.

So I get up Sat morning and decide to treat us to Mcdonalds. I am feeling very good so I think I'll just go inside instead of wasting gas in the drive thru.

I get out and go to walk in. The next thing I know I am on the ground looking at the sky.

They had thrown grease out the door onto the parking lot apparently.

I know better than to not be aware of that kind of thing. I have fallen in stores and such before, but I guess I was reveling in another extremely low pain day and not paying attention.

So now I am in a flare from He** and a sprained ankle to boot.

Oh well I guess i am a slow learner. You think after 8 years I would understand that even though I feel better I still have to take care of myself. :}

Maybe the Cymbalta will lessen the length of the flare, b/c it is doing nothing for the severity.

Hugs to all

2. msnova74

msnova74 New Member

I signed nothing. I just didn't feel like going to the ER for them to look at me and tell me that I am too young to have hurt myself.

If it doesn't get better I'll have my ankle and foot x-rayed and go from there.

3. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I have had things like this happen to me. My thought on suing is that there is so much of that in the world today.

I usually look at it as, If I had been paying attention to what I was doing or where I was walking it wouldn't have happened in the first place.

I think people are way too eager to sue these days. I always ask myself, would I want someone to sue me.
  4. msnova74

msnova74 New Member

I did call the manager when I got home and told them what happened. He wanted me to go to the ER.

The local ER is useless. They told me B4 that I couldn't hurt myself falling b/c I was only 28. I actually put a 4 inch fracture in my pelvis.

If it keeps bugging me I'll go to the urgent care clinic. I don't feel like it is broken, just pulled tendons etc.

The other reason i don't feel like dealing with it is b/c I have had prior injuries to both ankles, and they will just tell me that it was the prior injury that caused the damage.

However if it doesn't get better soon I guess I'll have to do something.

5. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

I know I dont pick my feet up enough and trip all the time.Because of the legs pains I guess.

Sat I took a nasty spill at my house. I am lucky I didnt break anything just look like a truck hit me with all my bruses. and alot stiff......

best of luck to you
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm not crazy about this whole lawsuit business, either.

I would ask them to pay your medical expenses incurred from their error.

I had a friend a year ago who tripped over a stack of books at Border's---fell and chipped a tooth. They agreed to pay her dental expenses (and without having to threaten them with a lawsuit). Some companies DO have a conscience, appreciate it when they are asked not threatened, and step up and do the right thing.

Hope you feel better soon!

7. msnova74

msnova74 New Member

The reason I reported it is that I could see someone falling who doesn't have the good insurance that I have.

The manager called me yesterday to see how I was doing which I thought was nice. He also had the young man who threw the grease out the door apologise to me as well.

The manager has given me a number for the corporate office to call and told me to expect a call from them.

I really am out only the $40 copay for the urgent care. I have pulled tendons in my ankle and hip, and I possibly refractured my wrist. Considering what could have happened, I am okay I guess.

This has put me back into monster flare mode again which sucks.

I think I will just ride this out for a while and see what happens. Hopefully I will feel better soon.

Thanks for all your thoughts. It has definitely given me food for thought.

8. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I certainly wouldn't put this under "when will I learn?"

Your accident has nothing to do with learning anything. It could've happened to anyone. They were irresponsible in causing a hazardous/unsafe situation.

I hope that your ankle and wrist feel better soon and that you flare is shortlived!!!
  9. msnova74

msnova74 New Member

I guess I titled it this b/c I know that I have a tendency to fall, and under normal circumstances I would have been paying more attention to my surroundings. :}

Thank you are for your well wishes!