Will it ever get better?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tigger57, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

As many of you know, I've been under a lot of stress about my job and finances.

Lately, my fibro and chronic fatigue syndrome is flaring up. I feel so sick and tired (literally) all the time, and still drag my butt into the office because I can't afford to be without even one hour's work.

This has gone one way too long for me. I surely need my luck to change.

I'm sorry. I hate popping on here, whining, and then disappearing again. It's just that there are only so many hours in a day and when I'm not working or driving, I try to rest. Do I actually manage? No. I'm a worrier.

I've even had to go to my car on my lunch breaks and take a nap in order to get through the day.

I know there are others worse off than I am, and I truly feel for you. I feel like such a wienie whining.

I did want you to know that I love you all.
    Hugs,
    Tigger
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Tigger:

You will know when it is time to call it quits.
    Rest up.

N.F.
  3. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Please do a search on your name, there has been a thread bumped for days on end now looking for you girl!

So glad you finally checked in, I don't post much but I always check in on you.

Hugz,
    Tona
    [This Message was Edited on 03/18/2006]
  4. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I saw it and already responded.

I can't believe how wonderful you all are. You are better than family sometimes. Family doesn't always understand.

Tigger
  5. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Glad you found the post.... we always worry about each other, that's what is so great about this board. Don't stay away so long girl!

Hugz,
    Tona
  6. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

with going to your car for naps. I used to do that all the time when I was able to work. I finally had to leave work because the symptoms kept getting worse and the cognitive dysfunction cause me to make mistakes and forget things.

From what I read on this board some people do get better and of course, if people get a lot better they probably don't post as often.

I haven't been so lucky. I've been sick for over 8 years with FMS and CFIDS. I have gotten progressively worse. I did a strict diet to get rid of Candida. I felt a teensy bit better and them got hit with a lot of stress and that did me in. I'm mostly housebound.

Today I really pushed myself to go to our once-a-year Arts and Crafts festival. There are many azaleas in bloom around town. Our small town closes off several blocks. It is a sight to behold and I didn't want to miss it. There were hundreds of booths with beautiful paintings and crafts; a big food alley with funnel cakes, homemade ice cream, pitas and sausages; and hundreds of people from all over.

I was glad that I had my cane. After walking just a little ways I was in so much pain that I had to find a place to sit. When I finally sat down it was next to a woman and she asked me if I'd had a stroke. She had had a stroke herself..what a lovely person she was. She had difficulty speaking and had lost her ability to read and write. But,she still was able to give me a lovely smile.

So, to answer your question, it gets better for some. But, even if it doesn't get better, we can stil snatch some beautiful moments here and there.

Blessings,
    Lolalee
  7. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I posted on the other thread about you. I didn't see this one first. Anyway, I care... and I am praying for you to get through this.

God Bless....Mari
  8. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

Mari, I really appreciate the support.

Lolalee: I have to make sure I have a notebook with me all the time to jot things down... especially at work. I can't remember anything. I answer the phones and from the time someone gives me their name to the time I tell the person they are calling, I've forgotten their name. I hate that because I seem so totally incompetent.

Tona: I don't even realize that I stay away as long as I do. I'm amazed how I lose track of the time.

All I want is to be normal again. I just want to be able to do my job, get paid, and go home. I've given up on a social life. I also need insurance badly. It's part of the money that I don't have... but have to pay.

I'm not liking my life very much and I've been very depressed.

It really does help to know that people care.
    Hugs,
    Tigger

9. jole

jole Member

And I know exactly how it feels to never have a life beyond work, home, sleep and work. There are so few times I leave the house otherwise, and mostly my kids pick up what I need from the store for me, other than what I get in our small town grocery store.

There doesn't seem to be much of a purpose when you work mostly for the insurance, does there?

I love my grandkids, and even though they live fairly close I can't drive to see them. They are what makes my life worth it all.

It wouldn't be so bad if others would just understand. But I get so tired of hobbling down the halls at work and hearing someonoe say, oh, did you hurt your ankle? when it's my entire body and mind that's affected.

But, Tigger, we are lucky enough to still be able to find the joy in the small things, and that's what life's all about. Hang in there---thinking of you!

Friends -
    Jole
  10. JLH

JLH New Member

I replied to the other post.

Just wanted you to know that I always think of you and pray that life improves for you.

I understand why you can't post often, but make sure you keep in touch as often as possible so that we know that you are OK!!

Much love,
    Janet