will nystatin in capsule form work for thrush?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bpmwriter, Oct 18, 2005.

1. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

hi all,

i've got thrush in my mouth and just filled on old prescription for nystatin but it's not in liquid form. i keep reading about those of you doing the swish and swallow, but will nystatin capsules cure the thrush or does it only work in the gut?

eddie
  2. chp1298

chp1298 New Member

I am experiencing my first bout of thrush. It is awful My Doc gve me liq Nystatin and as soon as I swish it there is am immediate relief of the pain and burning. I have used it 3 times so far and I can tell it is helping.
  3. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

It did not work for my daughter. The liquid form is best especially if you swirl it around in your mouth for a bit.
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

This sounds like something for the gut, but not for thrush. You need to use the liquid Nystatin, or Mycelex Troches, which you let disolve in your mouth.

The one problem I have with these meds is it gives me leaking and loose stools. I hate when I have to take them. If I use the Imodium AD, then I can get constipated from it, so there doesn't see to be a good answer for this.

I guess you'll have to make an appointment with the doctor. I've never been able to get rid of thrush with home remedies.

Good luck! I know how painful it is.

Hugs,
    Faye