Will talk on CFS really be repeating on Sunday on CNN???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jen F, Aug 9, 2003.

1. Jen F

Jen F New Member

I looked on their home page, but looks like was on at about 8:27 am today and that was that. Was on Weekend House Call and tomorrow they are discussing something else acc to their schedule.

Their is a transcript avail from todays broadcast via cnn's website.

Please let me know what time it repeats if you are convinced it will do so, so that I can try to tape it.

thanks

Jen

2. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

The way I read it at the health home page of cnn is it will air Sunday 8:30am Eastern-I am Confused A lot however!LOL :) It says they will be answering e-mail as well as caaled in questions. I reviewed the information they have provided through Mayo Clinic,think it is a bit shallow.If it has coverage that is POSITVE & helps dimiss Myths Cool.If it adds misleading information that would be bad for so many.Do you think if we bombarded the e-mail w/questions Exposing the Hardships we endure,could/would it help? Hope you are Healthy-Last I heard you were on the Good road,I pray that is the case.Take Care & Peace,lisa
  3. Jen F

Jen F New Member

Hope you're right! I am taping as of 7 am, hope my tape doesn't run out...

My neck/arm problem is getting better, but my fatigue has been very bad some of the time.

After having a couple days of diarrhea, I put the chinese tea on hold, for now.

I've been very busy and/or tired...hence not too many postings.

How are you?

Hope your pain hasn't been too bad lately!

Good wishes to you, Lisa!

and thanks for replying.

Jen
  4. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

Sorry you are still suffering.I still think you are on a good track though! :) Like pacman said, I ditto--TAKE CARE & DON'T OVER DO!!!All of your support and insight is Missed when U R not around!!You are Great!!Please Take Care!! Peace,lisa :)
  5. Jen F

Jen F New Member

Don't know if it taped. My tape ran out at some point before 9:30am I think.

Don't have time to look at it right now. My father is visiting and I am hoping he will help me with a couple of errands.

Thanks for missing me, guys! That's nice.

Well, off to start my morning regimen and try to keep my temper and accept my Dad for who he is, and try to focus on the good parts and the little he IS willing to help with. Though it would have been nice if he had helped me out a little when I COULDN'T LIFT ANYTHING and was in a lot of pain, feeling like dying, etc etc or when I was dying from the 40C heat and needed my AC installed.

In the not too distant future he may need MY help, if I can get well, or improve my functioning, and it would/will be easier for me to help him if I didn't feel resentful...

I'm sure many can relate.

Take care and I'll let you know if it taped.

Jen
  6. lucky

lucky New Member

I also missed the 8:27 a.m. discussion on CFS today on CNN, and when I turned on the TV at around 8:35 a.m. this discussion was over, so it must have been a very short one.
    But, as I mentioned to Rene, a few days ago I caught the interview with the Seabiscuit author Hillebrand (forgot her first name) which probably was much more powerful since she described her life with CFS in detail. This interview was done on the 10:00 p.m. news which is watched by millions of people.
    I am sorry to read that you are still not feeling your 'normal' self, but hopefully your Dad will finally see the light and understands that his daughter is really ill and his visit does not stress you out too much.
    This humid weather by the way makes me much more fatigued as well, and I am not spending too much time outside on a day like today.
    Sincerely Lucky who is wishing you well.

[This Message was Edited on 08/10/2003]
  7. Jen F

Jen F New Member

Cause as you say, Lucky, millions of people watch that!

I, however, did not get to see either programs.

if it was on at 8:27, i missed it by about 15 minutes. My tape started taping arond 7 am and it ran out around 8:15.

i skimmed through what I got on tape, but nothing on CFS.

but I did see Arnold a lot. :)

J.

P.S. Sounds like my father saw either Hillenbrand or last night's CNN show but hasn't seemed to phase him. All he said was there is still no test for it. i.e. doesn't really exist and even if it did, I don't have it. I just need to exercise more. Or so he's said many times.

Even CNN cannot convince the steadfast disbelievers.
  8. lucky

lucky New Member

I cannot believe it that your father is so little support denying in other words that CFS exists. That alone must be very very difficult for you to handle, and you have my sympathies. There are so many articles for good old Dad to read on these illnesses, but I guess, some people are just too tough and close minded that these exists, and the sad part is there is so little we can do to make them understand that the reality looks very different.
    I have a friend like this (she was diagnosed with FM a few years ago), does not believe that she is sick, believes that these illnesses are all in your head and has finally put such a rift in our friendship that our once close friendship has finally come to an end because I am not willing to spend time with a person who only creates stress for me, after 37 yrs. it is sad, but life goes on. Therefore, I know and understand how terribly stressful such persons are for us, but the sad part is that these people are mostly or were very close to us. Little do they understand that with their closed mind they are losing us and not the other way around.
    By the way, I am sure that probably there was no CFS discussion on CNN yesterday because from the time I tuned in and the time it was supposed to be aired were just a couple of minutes apart.
    The news interview was much more interesting because this will open the minds of many people having watched it and seeing with their own eyes that this illness does exist.
    Arnold is something else. Only in America with such a strong Austrian accent. But it helps to have married into the right family. Although Maria looks anything but happy these days.
    Hang in there, Jen, and take care, Lucky

P.S. Am very fatigued right now too because the humidity is absolutely terrible for me, so I am more in the house than outside.