Willow: Send my poems to whomever you wish

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by PoimaeHopkins, May 18, 2007.

1. PoimaeHopkins

PoimaeHopkins New Member

Dear New Friend,

Your kindness is a blessing to me. As I understand it, once a poem is published in a public forum, it is copyrighted by law. Nevertheless, please feel free to send one (or more) of my poems to whomever you wish. I post them as an offering to my Lord in hopes that it will minister to the Body of Christ who reads it.

One day, Lord willing (and with the insistence of my sweet Sunshine (my wife) I shall gather them all together and put them into book form - either hardback or ebook.

Again, thankyou for blessing me with your kind words.

Sincerely,

PoimaeHopkins
  2. PoimaeHopkins

PoimaeHopkins New Member

Dear Friend,

I was just going over your profile, again, as I normally do when I am interceding for an individual, and I was wondering what course are you taking now for your AA in Liberal Arts?

I was also wondering as to what geographical area are you referring when you say Northern California? Marin County or farther North?

Since I was in the US Navy (a century ago), I lived in a number of California cities: SF, Long Beach, San Diego, etc. San Diego was my favorite.

I have lifted you and yours to the Lord in prayer (at 4:15am CST. I pray you are getting a good, restful sleep.

Your Friend,

Poimae
  3. PoimaeHopkins

PoimaeHopkins New Member

Willow,

Sorry for the delay in my response to you; with all these thunderstorms we have been having, I have been doing some 'major' wrestling! :)

Don't listen to nay-sayers who will always tell you how you can't do something. According to my VA doctors, I should have died 25 years ago. I love, by God's grace, to prove them wrong. For example, I was thirty-nine years old when I finished my MA academic degree in Systematic Theology and Linguistics. Whether I was on canes or in my wheel-chair, I was determined to finish the course. And I did, praise to His Name.

Willow, don't be like my brother-in-law who has but one accounting course to finish his BS degree from Oklahoma Baptist University. He has attempted and failed the final exam four times. And now he has given up. I told him, "It doesn't matter if it is four times or forty times - it is worth it for your own self-esteem. But, he has not listened. He puts down on his profile sheet, he has a BS degree, but he knows that is a hollow boast.

Show your nurse, show your supportive husband, show your son and most importantly - show yourself that you can do it!!! I believe in you, kiddo! Let me know what Spring: 2007 or 2008 that you are going for it - I'll pray for you each day!

You asked how can the military take a CA beach boy and put him in -60 Alaska weather? Sister, it's the Military! That is all you need to know. LOL

If you can get me the first names of your son's drinking buddies, I shall begin to pray about their relationships with each other and God. If you son asks why you want their first names, tell them a man of God, a prayer warrior, is asking for them. At the very least, that should show him how concerned his mom and dad are over his relationship with Christ and how he is influenced by others.

Know I am praying for you on a daily basis; that God will show His purpose to you for the suffering in which you live. We know this much, God tells us that suffering is used by God to deepen our faith (our trust) in Him in knowing what is right for us - each and every moment of each day we live.

(NLT) 1 Peter 4:19
    "So if you are suffering in a manner that pleases God, keep on doing what is right, and trust your lives to the God who created you, for he will never fail you."

Look at the example of our Lord Jesus, who, for our sakes, endured the cross. He prayed with many tears and prayerful cries, and He was heard. It was 'still' the Father's will for Him to experience the 'hell' on the cross for His people, so that we might be redeemed for Heaven by the shed blood of the Lamb of God.

(NKJ)Hebrews 5:7-9
    7"who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear, 8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. 9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him,"

Willow, you don't know but that the suffering you are going through now is but the holy ground out of which the fruit of salvation and restoration for your son, his friends and many others might come. This is why we must be good stewards of suffering that our Sovereign, Loving God gives to us. If this is what God the Father gave to His Son in order to secure our salvation as well as the rest of the Elect, is it any surprise that He calls us to partake in the fellowship of His sufferings for the souls of others?
    Philippians 3:10-11
    10 "that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, 11 if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead."

Is not the soul of your son and others worth the suffering you endure? By our faithfulness in this stewardship of suffering, souls will be saved to the glory of the Father. Praise God! What a comfort! What a motivation!

Remember, dear Sister,

(NKJ)Philippians 4:13
    13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

(NKJ)Philippians 4:19-20
    19 "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. 20 Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen."

My love to you and your husband,

Poimae

P.S. The truths above are what comforts me when I am going through the physical torture I am now experiencing due to the severe thunderstorms we are now having. Just check out weather.com and you will see to what I refer. It is through the furnace of pain that He is able to pour out the golden poems, prayers, and counsel I am able to give to others - for His glory. If but one soul is encouraged by what I write, then going through this pain and suffering is worth it to me. This is NOT my final home. And my faithfulness to Christ in suffering builds up for me treasures in Heaven that one day I will be able to offer in love to my Savior and King Jesus Christ.

To God be the honor and glory forever and ever, Amen.

Poimae