Windy or some other techie (: ! Flash Player access question !

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Windy , or whoever is a smart computer techie - unlike me :)!!

My son downloaded, from his computer no less, Adobe Flash Player so I could see my exercises to do from the chiropractor. The problem is he set it up on Firefox so I could get the video to play from the chiro website. That works great !! I have to type the website into Google which is Firefox I guess. It says it is Firefox when I am in there.

However, the big question is , when I try and play some other videos or games it says to " install Adobe Flash Player" and I already have it. I guess it is the most recent one.

How do I access it ? Any ideas or do I have to down load it again? What a pain ):!!! A techie I am NOT !!

Thanks to anyone listening from a frustrated NON techie. I tried googling the answer and going to Adobe for help. !

Love,
    Granni
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Windy - I was thinking of that but he is darn busy.

Hope Diane is OK. I have missed so many posts lately - boo don't like that !!

Hugz,
    Granni :)
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Diane, Sorry I thought you were Windy and have been doing a bunch of stuff on the computer just trying to get it all done. I just looked quickly at what was said..

I sent him an e-mail . They are at the Astros game today. Thanks for the encouragement. Hope all is well with you sweetie.

Haven't spoken to you in some time due to both our schedules, your games, etc. Hope you have no problems going on. If you want you can send on the conversation area to post if you want to share or chat. I have missed to many post I don't know what is going on as much as I would like. Just trying to keep up with my crazy schedule lately, not that a lot of it great or exciting !!

Love you,
  4. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

I agree with Diane. Since your son downloaded it using a different browser, I have no clue how to fix this for you. It's best to have your son, the "pro", fix it.

One question I have is this...since you're using Mozella's Thunderbird, why are you using Google? I would think you would want to use Mozella's Firefox instead. But...I do know this...we develop "favorites" and it's really hard to change.

Glad you're able to finally view your chiro's videos. Bet you're a happy camper in that department. Yea!!!!:)

Windy
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Hi Windy and Diane,

I am not really panicing just a bit aggravated and so much I was trying to do today. I was thinking the same thing that I might have to download it again onto a different browser. It is already in Firefox, Windy. He put it there for some reason and I don't exactly know where. He said something about he had to do it due to something that happened the last time he was on the computer. Now that I look at the icon it says Mozilla Firefox. I was just using it to google (search anyway). Maybe it wasn't. I also have the Google chrome.

Like I told our son, no rush really. That guy is sooo busy at work, and then he does some of it from home on his computer. His life is computers right now.

Diane - please excuse but I misunderstood the post when I thought it was Windy saying she was keeping her fingers crossed for you. However, you were crossing your fingers for me . That is what happens when you (ME) don't take your time to read correctly to see who was even posting :)!! LOL

Just wanted to say thanks to you two for trying to come to my aid. These computers. You can't live with them or live without them :) !! LOL Will tell you when it gets figured out. It is not a big rush or emergency. It was for the exercise videos.

Love you both,

Hope to TTYBT ! It will be a very crazy day with chiro., and funeral in the morning and then who knows what besides choral practice before out show in almost one more week..
  6. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

Granni...I did realize it was in "Firefox", but you're reaching this via Google (at least that's what I thought you had mentioned). I know, it's not a major problem...but it does have to be a bit frustrating. Then, when you're told you need to redownload FP again, it can add to the frustration. I hope your DS can make some time to get this glitch cleared up for you.

I tried using Chrome, but didn't like it. When I tried Firefox, I was impressed...it has "spell check"!! At my age, I no longer want to spend time with a dictionary and it catches so many incorrect words for me. Helps keep my embarrassment level to a minimum...LOL.

Our oldest son is our "techie", but he's fallen behind. He refused to use a computer with Windows 7...but he had to buy a new laptop recently and now he's being forced into learning it. I hope he catches on quickly...I run into problems with that operating system. He and I are both MAJOR Windows XP fans.

Hope all goes well at the chiro and coral practice today...sad to read you'll be attending a funeral.

Windy
  7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Hi Windy, and Diane,

Looking into the browser thingy :), I just copied the url, I think you call it, from my chiropractor as my son did and got the video from there. Where he and I both put it was in the "Google space on the page". However, I realized not to long ago also that on the top of the same page it also says FIREFOX. In that area on the left top is the place to put whatever you are searching, or the url or website address, with or without the www. I tried the chiro info on top and I got the video. I don't remember if I added the www or not. I will do some more experimenting. If I can type stuff into that I may be able to access some f the videos I want. We'll see !!! Hope you are feeling OK or should I say . not to badly !!

DH and I like Windows pretty well. I think we had XP before that, As soon as you get used to it they will change it and get us all confused again.):!!

Diane - Hope you are doing well too sweetie. Thanks for trying to help me out. Just got back from a funeral, very nice with a meal afterwards. We are both so full so don't have any room for dinner, which is great for me ( I don't have to make any).

Need to go start my exercises, already did the Denneroll thing for 9 minutes. Have to make it to 20, lying on it with the neck roll thingy.

Hugz to you both,
  8. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

With many browsers, you don't need to put in the "www" as long as you type in the correction location/name and type. What I mean my type is ".com", ".net", etc.

I find Windows 7 to be slow loading plus if something goes haywire, I can't get into the belly of the beast to fix it. I can with Windows XP (most of the time). I'm no computer techie, but have been using computers since IBM first sold them exclusively at Sears (dual floppy discs back then...no hard drive).

I so admire you for exercising as you do.:) We're about the same age and if I move one part of my body, then another part gives me fits. This is mainly due to lots of internal and external scar tissue...especially from my waist up. Not looking for sympathy...just stating fact. Keep movin'...:)

Windy
  9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Got to run to my chiro appt. so will be quick. I think I may have figured this out. In that other space on top left corner of the Google/Firefox page I can probably put whatever I want in there. I have tried a few and they work. I may not be able to get all but possibly most of what I want. Will have to keep experimenting with it. I know now that I need not put n the www most of the time. Thanks for posting and trying to help out :)!!

I'm off to the chiro. See you all later.

Lovel