Winter Chat #4

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by robin1667, Feb 6, 2009.

1. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

Oh, Man! I wrote up a big letter to ya all and when I punched on submit for some reason it posted on the health board! Will try it again! Must be still having glitches with new site.
    60's, sorry to hear about the identity theft. I am sure this is happening to more people than we realize. Thank goodness you were paying attention and was able to get it taken care of. I told ron to keep a look out with his just the other day! I hope you are feeling better soon from the stress of it!
    I've been feeling better since yest. I think I'm just adjusting to the up in the meds. My pain has really improved. I know, I won't hold my breath and it may not last. But I'll take what I can get!
    Sis, thank you, I like my hair better now too! I always wait to long to have it trimmed or permed! This time I made another appt. to get it trimmed in 8 wks. and then I'll make another to be permed again. It does affect me I think when I wait to long, when I look in the mirror at it, I just want to shave it all off and feel bad about myself. But as soon as I get it done I feel better. So I'll have to just set up another appt. before I leave the hair stylist.
    Ily and I had a good time. We pampered ourselves last night. Took leisurrely bath. Painted our nails, fussed over our hair. She just loves that! Beings that she lives with her dad most of the time, I know he doesn't fuss over things like that. So she really enjoys it when we are together. Her mom picked her up today for the wkend. She was ready to go. Her school evaluates her quarterly. She is at a 2.5-3.5 yr. olds level. She is doing better, so that is the main thing. I'll take whatever improvement she gets. I love her so much!
    I sure hope the weather continues to warm up! I want to start walking again. Delahey Park Is only 1 house from us and has a walking track in it. So I don't have to pay or travel or have any excuse not to do it! But I'm sure I will come up with some now and then ! LOL!!
    Talk soon, Hugs, Robin
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for starting a #4!,,,Theres something refreshing about a new thread!,I'm glad to here that you got your hair done and that it makes you feel better!,,,,,,,,,,,,we have to pamper ourselves somehow!,,,So Glad to hear your feeling better!,,what a difference it makes ,,huh!

I'm the same way with my hair! Finally i just learned to do it myself ,,,,trimming ,,,curling,,,etc,,,because it coasts alot to have it done up this way,,,,got some sorta spendy shampoo and that helped alot too!,,,,,,Ily,,has a great Gramma!,,,i bet she's adorable!,,,sounds like she's making some great progress!,,,all this pampering stuff you do with her is so important for her progress too!,,it will help her self esteem and also teach her how to take care of herself in the hygeine department,,,plus all the Memories your making for her as she grows up!

Had another outing last night!,,,Wow!,,,lolol,,,my cousin and her husband have a son thats shipping out to Afghanistan (sp),,,,,so they had a really nice get together for him ,,a chilli and cornbread and Brownies and veggie trays ,,,,i made Valentine sugar cookies,,,had to use green food coloring when i went to make the butter cream frosting ,,,,because i ran out of red food coloring!,,,,,but then i just topped them off with red sugar sprinkles so they turned out pretty good after all,,,,,,

It was great to see everyone! hadn't seen alot of the folks there for along time,,,,,,It was a great send off for Matt!,,and alot of folks there to support his Mom and Dad!,,,He joined the Marines 2 years ago and has been all the way to Korea and back by now!

anyway just catching up!,,,,,,60's hope things are better today!,,,do they know who used your card?,,,a few years ago this person i knew forged my name on a few things!,,it was horrible!,,,,but when all was said and done Justice prevailed!,,,,,I hope they catch the rat that did this to you and your Husband!,,,,,,,,i'll check back later gals!,,,,,,HUgs!,,,,,,,Sis
  3. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

got to go down to my chickens and my garden spot,their all down a walk lane that we call hillbilly lane we even have a sign that my kids made me. it was still kind of icy but it.s actually 55. out just loved the feel of the warm sun on my back.
    Austin is here to stay the night,he,s having trouble again getting his b/s to stay in normal range,so we just had a long talk about how he has to take care of his self before he does anything else. because his step dad just doesn"t get it that on the week-ends when is Mom is at work,he has to eat on time,so I told Austin to get his own food he knows what he can eat and what he can"t have.
    the poor kid,his b/s will drop and he gets so shaky but his s/dad thinks he should"t eat. I told him to just go get himself something to eat like a apple,or peanutbutter sandwich.
    hope the weather stays nice.
    Robin sounds like you and your Grangdaughter had a good time,thats so inportant for her. my Grandma was the most inportant factor in my life. I miss her so much.
    Sis sounds like your night out was fun,I love just getting together with Family like that. Your Valentine cookies sound good. the kids and I always made them when they where all home.
    Well I have to trot over to tractor supply and pick up a few things that we need. so I"ll catch ya'al tomorrow.
    hugs sixtyslady.
  4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi all!
    Sixty I am so sorry to hear about the theft. Tht is just terrible. I know how you feel....my own 19 year old daughter stole my credit cards and charged a bunch of stuff on them. The worst thing was I had asked her repeatedly if she had seen my cards, i thought maaybe I had misplaced them or maybe she had forgotten to give them back since I had her running some errands for me. I never dreamed she would steal from me like that, and then lie about having my cards! She ran up about $400 or so before I caught her. I told her she could go to jail for that kind of thing! I guess that is what I get for spoiling her all her life. She has a baby that is 6 months old, and I really didn't want her to have a criminal record. She took advantage of me big time knowing i wouldn't file charges. She lives with her boyfriend and his parents. I don't think the boyfriends' parent are a good influence on her at all. The boyfriends' mother was convicted of felony theft, she stole several thousand dollars from her daughters' gymnastics class. The woman was the treasurer and just kept helping herself to the funds. There was a big write up about it in the newspaper. The boyfriends' father is a nut too, he has severl girlfriends, I think one of which he has a couple little kids by. I think there is a great deal going on over there that my daughter doesn't tell me about. They get their electric turned off nearly every month and almost had their wter cut off. They try to get my daughter to "borrow" money from me all the time. I' m not about to give them any money whatsoever! They all sleep in until noon,except for the father...he's fireman, and they can't figure out why they can't get a job? What is hilarious is they have the nerve to look down on us...just because we live in a doublewide and they have a house, which they are on the verge of losing. At least our doublewide is paid for...we own every single thing in it outright. We live within our means, and don't go around stealing from others.

I always feel better when my hair is done up too. I messed up and had my daughter put a perm in my hair, and it was really long at the time. But it was also dyed. The perm ruined my hair! I had to cut it. Made me sick! It is growing back out now thank goodness. No more perms for me!
    I am excited about going to Graceland this weekend....I love Elvis, he was just so gorgeous!

Robin I am glad you got to spent some girly time with Ily. My grandbabies love it when I do their nails! I know how you worry about Ily, i have a special needs daughter who is five years old, her name is Paige. She is delayed also, she has microcephally, which means "small head and brain." She is on about the same level as your Ily at school. Paige has really come so far and I am so very proud of her. We adopted Paige when she was one year old. We were told at that time that she might never walk or talk. But, boy does she ever run! And she is talking better every day. It does get extremely hard to raise her and my two year old some days... they are both into everything constantly. I'll be so glad when they outgrow their terrible twos! I hope I survive it. It is all I can do most days just taking care of these girls! I wish I felt better and didn't hurt so bad, but don't we all?

Well, I hope you are all having great evening!

See ya!
    Kellyann
  5. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

60's I love the name of your lane,Hillbilly Lane!
    sis, I'm not that talented to trim my own hair. I'd end up looking like these kids nowadays with their wild haircuts. But at least I'd be in style I guess! LOL! My hair is a few inches below my shoulders now. I let my Ron talk me into cutting 6 inches off of it a few yrs after we met. I won't do that again. I think that is part of the reasson I don't like it anymore. Ust to seeing it long. But thought I'd try it. My hair dresser dropped her prices down from $75 to $60. Probably due to the ecomomy. The woman who owns the shop had to move out of her house and move into a apt. above her hair shop. To try to keep going. I'm afraid we are going to see alot more of this.Things are getting tough!
    Kellyann, glad to hear from you! KIDS!!!! When my oldest was in her teens she stole my check book(Which I only used for bills, so I didn't notice right away) And forged my name. She was a problem child always running away and stealing things. Drugs and such. I had enough when she took my checks. She went to stay with her father when I realized what she had done. She was going to court for some other things she had done and I called the states attorney about the checks. The counselor I had for her said she needed to answer for what she was doing. Which I agreed. But when it went in front of the judge he said she was to pay me back for the checks and if she got in trouble again then the charges would be brought back up. I think it scared her enough not to do that again. Sometimes you have to use tough love. I didn't want to do it either, but she needed to know I'd had enough! I hope your daughter comes out of this alright.
    Your so lucky! I would love to see Graceland! Hope you have a great time!
    I am so sorry your paige has problems too. Ily and Austin and my daughter Jennifer stopped by yest. Ily had to go back to her dad. I didn't tell her he was coming for her, she gets so upset! He came and I could see my girl change from happy go lucky to instantly lowering her head and slowly get her shoes on and coat. That just broke my heart into peices. I had to go to the bedroom and cry.
    On another note. Sat. ron and I went shopping and to Angelo's after words and got our beely's stuffed! Austin will be 4 the 23rd. We got him a remote control humbee. I think he will love it!
    Hugs, Robin
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

To say hi to ya all!,,,,was supposed to make the road trip up to visit my Dad today but a storm blew in over night so had to cancel the trip,,,,,I checked out the road report and it said interminted snow and ice pack on the hyw. so here i am now feeling guilty about not going!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ugg!,,it's about a 140 mile round trip which isn't to bad but i hate the icy roads,,,,,,He'll survive ,,lolol,,,i'll get there when the roads are dry!,,Robin,,,,,Yes the Hair doo's ,,,i'm not that talented eighter but it's a shorter cut so can keep up on it fairly easily,,,,,,,,Yesterday was beautiful out!,,Lucky took me for a walk around the neighborhood,,,,,lolol,,,,he was pretty good!,,,,I spent most of last summer and fall teaching him to walk with the lead,,,,and now he's doin' good!,,,there were a few bare spots on the pavement to follow,,,,had to be carefull,,,,,,
    Kelly ,,glad to hear that you get to go to Graceland!,,,will be lots of fun for you to get away for awhile,,,,,,

60's ,,,Cute " Hillbilly lane!,",,,thats's just about where i came from too! ,,,,,hope the nice wheather keeps up!,,,,,,,,Heres to spring!,,,,,,,Sis

[This Message was Edited on 02/09/2009]
  7. cynchacat66

cynchacat66 New Member

Thank you Robin and Kellyann for inviting me. I read most of the post and am amazed at how you can remember everyones names. I don't know if I belong here cause my issues are all mental health and this seems to be a friendly group that I would not want to burden my problems on. Your all so positive and uplifting to each other and I can't even think straight right now, let alone give positive feedback. I went to deppression board thinking I belong there but now I don't know where to go about my lonleyness. I am on many different meds for BiPolar , Anxiety, and Depression and they aren't stablizing me. I feel nervous now so I'm gonna stop babbling on like this.
    Thank you again for inviting me here and if i need to be somewhere else let me know. I don't want to do anything wrong or against the rules.
    Take care.
    Cindy
  8. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

We talk about everything here! You don't need to feel nervous.
    I remember peoples names because I write on a pad of paper what I want to say and to whom, it may work for you. I have anxiety and depression and Fm and a number of other medical problems, we all do. I go to the depression rm, fibromyalgia, arthritis, health,you can too. But if you feel more comfortable on the depression board by all means do, but if you would like to chat along here about whatever, we are here for you too. We vent and ask advise talk about our daily lives, recipes here too. And get to know each other.
    Hugs, Robin
  9. kellyann

kellyann New Member

You are welcome on all the boards! Please feel to at home to post where ever you want to. I am sure you will be just fine posting here if you like. Just keep posting so we can hear from you!

How are you today?

:)

Kellyann
  10. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

how,s everybody doing??
    Cindy glad to have you on board.your welcome to chat with us anytime.
    man the weather is in the 60,s just went out and helped my hubby to clean the deck off.when it,s nice I just can"t stay in the house,I have things I could do inside but I"m going to be a rebel today and forget the house stuff.lol
    I"m in my comfort zone in my old jeans,white tee shirt, and a old jean shirt to keep my arms warm.man this is livin,I got mud on my boots,and just brushed my horse spring must be on the way,because the horses are all slippen hair.
    the next best thing would be sittin on a bank somewhere fishin.
    I'll never out grow being a Tom Boy,I was always with my Dad when I was young.
    I can"t believe how much of the snow is gone. now if it just can stay even in the 40,s things will dry out.
    I opened my windows and let the fresh air in,the house smells so good,not like that Febreeze stuff,it makes me sneeze.
    Well is anyone else in a spring mood?
    Question,whats your favorite spring flower? mines violets.
    Guys I"ll chat later just can"t let this beautiful day go,headin back outside. Hugs 60,s Lady
  11. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

Just checking in.
    Yes I am in the spring mood. Can't wait to dig in the soil! And just to be outside! Man it was warm yesterday, I loved it!
    This yr we will be making a bigger garden. Last yr the zucchini took over.I still have alot of canned tomatoes, sweet corn and zucchini left from last yr. If I don't get them used up, I'll send some home with my daughter, parents and neighbors. Last yr. when I had to much zucchini I called the nursing home to see if they would want it. They said they didn't make home cooked meals. I will give to the food pantry this year. I am sure someone there would enjoy it.
    Ron bought 4 tickets to see Jeff Dunham in Moline for tomorrow night. We have invited my 2 daughters to go with us. They are excited. It should be fun. I've been feeling so good lately, I hope it doesn't send me into a flare. Gotta think positive,right! I think I'll take some Darvocet before we leave. For those of you who don't know who he is, he's a comedian with a puppet.
    I was always a tom boy when I was younger to 60's! Still am.Don't think I'll ever outgrow it. I'm not afraid of getting dirty. As they say You can take a country gal to the city, but you can't take the country out of her! I really loved working outside, and I figure if you love what your doing it's not a job!
    I love all the spring flowers, it's hard to pick just one. I love Roses and Lillac's(SP wrong!) Love the smell of them. There's a spot behind the garage I want to do this spring. There's a lot of rocks there and over grown ground cover that is starting to take over the yard. I was thinking of putting a rock garden in. I've plenty of rock from the front of the house to put there. Maybe put in a few shrubs, cactus's and aloe plants. When I get all the rock out from the front of the house I want to have the old shrubs pulled out and put something different in. Don't know what yet, will think of something!
    Hugs, Robin
  12. sisland

sisland New Member

So glad to hear of spring finally reaching where you all live!!,,,,we had a couple nice days and now it's back to the snow and ice,,,,been fightin' the stomach problems for the last couple days,,the ibs stuff or the flu not sure witch one!,,,,or,,,oh yeah',,,DD,,,,,needless to say maybe it was cousin Ray's homemade chilli at the get togeather last week!,,,it was good but hot!,,,,,should have known better than to eat it!,,,,,duh!

Is't spring wonderful!,,it's the reward for the long cold dreary winters i guess!,,,did see the little neighborhood robin again yesterday,,,he was perched on the fence!,,,all the snow is gone from the pine trees so i guess thats where he's hanging out!

Hope you all have fun at the show robin!,,,,i'm a outdoor lover toooo!,,,,,,,was raised in the backwoods of MT. so can't get much more hillbilly than that,,,lol,,,i always went with my Dad to cut trees get wood and go hunting,,horseback riding,,,fence building etc,,,,,,wish i still lived out in the woods!,,,,,lolol,,although it's only a 5 minute drive to the nat'l Forest ,,for witch i'm very thankful!,,,,,can't wait to dig in the dirt too!,,,,,,,,,,,,,60's ,,my favourite flower is the Pansey!,,Petunias are a close 2nd,,always plant the big sunflowers every year ,,,but like robin i love the smell of lilacs!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,HUgs To All!,,,,,,,,,sis

p.s. Where's our Nancy?,,Miss you! and hope your doing ok dear!,,,,,,,,,welcome on in Cindy!

[This Message was Edited on 02/11/2009]
  13. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I"m sure glad that i spent most of the day yesterday out side.
    Robin I watch that Jeff Dunhim on t.v. I laugh so hard at that guy,have fun at his show.
    Sis I forgot I love pansies too. just anything to know that Mother Earth has come back alive.Oh the miracle of spring.
    We live in the woods, I just love it with all the wildlife it,s just like our own little peace of the world.
    Doesn"t take much to make this old Gal happy.isn"t it great when you make it to the age that material things just don"t mean that much anymore.
    My daughter opened me up a facebook acc. now I"m trying to figure out how to use it,but when she was filling out my profile she was amazed that I just wanted to put that I was retired and raised chickens,and organic eggs, and of course horses.
    she thought that I should put more of the business things I had acomplished in life just in case kids from High school wanted to know what I had done.
    I"am so happy with my life as it is right now,Im living my dream and I don"t miss the rat race of being a professional at all.
    Hey I"ve been wondering where Nancy is also,hope your doing o.k.
    And Cindy don"t be shy, just jump right in and tell us how your days going.
    Got to run for now. Hugs 60,s Lady.
  14. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

was great! I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time! I'm a bit sore this morning, but working it out.
    60's, I saw the tractor supply store you talk about on our way to Moline. We took 88. Is your home on the road to the right past the tractor supply? I was trying to figure out where you are.
    A bit chilly this morning, calling for more snow tonight. I don't think much. The sun is shining,feels good!
    Hoping everyone has a great day!
    Hugs, Robin
  15. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

well just taking
    a breath-er. we had to go to my hubbys Dr app this morning got home and our daughter called ,her furnace isn"t working so my hubby went to her place to fix it.
    I just mixed up a batch of cookies ,so I can make Valentine cookies for the kids.
    Robin, after you go past Walmarts you"ll come to a stop light ,if you take a right I"m down that road.
    sometime after we have our colt ,you can let me know when you come down to Walmarts and I can meet you there and then I can show you where we live.
    Boy I sure hope we don"t get the snow our place is starting to dry out alittle.
    Glad you had a good time at the show.
    wonder where all the rest of the Gal,s are maybe they"ll peak in later.
    well I guess my cookie dough has been in the frig long enough so I"d better get to baking. Hugs 60,s Lady.
  16. sisland

sisland New Member

It was a beautiful day here yesterday so Lucky and i were out and about,,,,,,Last night though the wind kicked up and now it's only 8 degrees this am:,,Yea!,,,The sky is clear and it will be sunny today whitch is nice! That always lifts my spirits,,,,,,I'm in the cleanin' mood so will tackel another closet today,,,Glad to hear your all doing good,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,can't wait for the Baby Foal 60's bet his mom is thinkin' the same thing!,,,,,,Glad you all enjoyed the show Robin,,,,,and Happy Valentines day to you and your Familys!,,,sis,,,p.s. i can smell those cookies!
  17. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

Hope everyone had a good day!
    Ron surprised me with a gift at the Salon for a massage! I can't wait! I made appt. for thurs..
    Melissa gave me a gift of tanning for a month.... I've been talking about doing both of these things for myself for aches and pains and vit. D deficency. Jennifer gave me some tulips, They are so pretty! Can't wait to put them out by our flag pole.
    60's I can't wait to see your baby! Just let me know when she has it. I use to go out to the mares and feel their babies move and watch them kick, that was so neat!
    sis don't over do it with your spring cleaning. Glad you and Lucky were able to get out for a walk. Our Coley walks good with us, Abby needs some training this year. We like to take them camping and fishing with us.
    The kids are getting tents so they can go camping with us, should be fun.
    My Jennifer just called me and told me she got a pre-engagement ring today. Her bf is a good guy, so I am happy for them! She wants me to give her away when they get married. That surprised me! But then again her father has'nt had much to do with her since she was 2. So I told her I'd be happy too! Next month the 3 grandbabies are to be baptized, Ron and I are to be godparents for Ily, Melissa will be Austin's and Jamies sister and b-in law will be for Madalynn.
    That's about it for now,my daughter is talking my ear off on the phone.
    Hugs, Robin
  18. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

Just kind of been a hectic Sat & Sun.
    My ears are ringing and about to drive me nuts,I just hate it,
    Our Grandughter came yesterday and dusted all my furniture and nic nac,s she stayed most of the afternoon so I sent their valentines and cookies home with here for the family.she said she was going to babysit her little brother so her parents could go out for dinner.well our daughter called alittle after 9 and said their meal was horrible cost them 75$ and her steak was still moving,then she ask me if I made the cookies,she told me that was the best food they had all night,I felt bad for them because they don"t get to go out much.
    and I know they just can"t afford to spend that kind money very often.
    I guess sometimes just staying home and having a couple of friends for a pot luck would be more fun.and probably better food.
    Robin,is this your youngest daughter that got engaged?
    and its great that your Grandbabies are getting baptized.
    Sis it feels good to get things cleaned out .we"ve got 2 rooms done now and hoping to maybe get the kitchen this week,we"ll see how papa smurf feels ,his arms have been bother him alot later.
    my herbs that I bought at the dollar store just now are starting to sprout up.hope the snow melts this week,our chickens just love being out doors again and roaming the pasture,s.
    My son told me this morning that he ask his boss for the day off when my mare has her colt so he can help his Dad, with my arms and thumbs the way they are I"m just not much help.my thumbs seems better but then when I made the valentine cookies I must have used it to much and now it,s painful again.Hey Robin did your thumb get any better??
    Well I guess I should get in the other room so hubby doesn"t have to watch t.v. all alone.
    take care and I"ll chat with Ya,al later. Hugs 60,s Lady
  19. sisland

sisland New Member

It's just me,,,,,lolol,,,sounds like you all were busy bees over the weekend!,,I gave the Mail-lady all the left over V-day cookies!,,it was eighter that or eat them myself,,,lolo,,,I mailed Cookies off to the Girls and then was going to take the rest up to my Dad ,,,but didn't make the trip so had to do something with them besides eating them!,,,,,,,I did have a couple,,,can't lie!,,,,lolol,,,,She does a pretty good job at delivering the mail!

Just when i thought that spring was on it's way in it started snowing again yesterday,,,not alot but enough to make the roads slick again!,,where is that darned Groundhog?? i want to strangle him!!,,,,,,,,,,,,
    sounds like the cleaning one room at a time is working out great 60's!,,and having a grand daughter that will dust for you is great!,,i'm still working on the closets ,,,got some of those new hangers that are made out of microswade and are supposed to double your space in the closets ,,,they work! you can find them on Hsn. ,,they are called Huggable Hangers,,,,so i'm going through clothes and getting rid of stuff that i never wear anymore!,,,,,Robin,,,It's good to hear that the kids are getting Baptised!,,,sounds like you had a great Valentines day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,HUgs to both!,,,,,i'll check back in later on today!,,,,,S
  20. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

Sis, I bet the Mail Lady just loves you for those cookies!
    Ily doesn't do a very good job of dusting, but she loves to do it and I praise her for it. I tell her what a good helper she is, and she looks so proud! She likes to help with laundry and dishes also. She's my little helper even when I'm cooking. When she was a baby I'd put her in her bouncy seat and put her on the counter and she'd watch me moving around the kitchen and I'd sing and play with her.
    Where did you get the huggable Hangers and how much? When my daughter moved in, she took my closet in the spare rm, so my clothes are in the Living Rm closet now. That would work great for me.
    Have either of you tried those Debbie Meyer's Green Bags? We got the ones for the Veg. at Menards when they were on sale.They have them at Walmart also or any grocery I would think. They work great! I bought the ones for bread last week and I really like them also. I'll try the ones for meat next. Things really do stay fresh longer, you can use them in the frig. or on the counter. And they are reusable! Just rinse them out and let them dry out.
    60's, That's nnice your Granddaughter helps you out too. I'll take all the help I can get some days!
    Where did your daughter go and have that bad steak at so We can avoid it? We ate at a chinese steak house on Galena St once, we really weren't impressed with them either. The food wasn't very hot and looked like it had been sitting there for quite a while.
    Yes, it's my youngest that got pre-engaged. I don't know why they call it pre, either your engaged or your not. Kinda like being PG you are or your not! Jaimie is my grandbabies (Madalynn)father. He does pretty good with the other kids and he's learning how to be a daddy. I think they will be ok.
    Glad to here your herbs are growing. I've tried to get them started that way, but I end up watering to much or not enough. So I'll just wait till the stores have the plants. What are you putting in this yr?
    I was hoping you would have help with your mare. Keep looking for the wax on her teets. I know it's to early for that, but it won't be long now!!
    My thunb still hurts, some days worse than others. And the swelling! Doc said to put ice on it, that hurts like the dickens and not to use it, ya right! I haven't crocheted for a month now, I miss doing it. Doc said it's from over use, repetitive. He says rest, ice and Tylenol. If you come up with something that helps let me know and vice versa.
    Gotta finish the root canal tomorrow, there was a snow storm when I went to go in last time.
    Sounds like we are to get more snow Weds., 2 to 4. Hey sis you guys could just keep that stuff out there, we've had enough!! LOL!!!
    Here's to SPRING!!!!! Hugs, Robin
    [This Message was Edited on 02/16/2009]