Winter has arrived in Ontario

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Redwillow, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

We have been in the dark here a lot lately, bad wind storms and rain. The power was out Friday morning from 9:00 am until 12:30.

The power company got it back on and then we had another big storm, poured rain all day and then the wind started. The power went out again Friday night just before 11:00pm and finally came back on Sat. night at 7:00 pm. So 20 hours without power!

Two days of carrying buckets of water from the pond to flush the toilet and being bored out of my mind. Good thing I live in the country and have a wood stove to heat the house or we would have been freezing.

It is pretty boring though without lights, tv or computer. Spoiled aren't I! It is so weird walking from room to room with a flashlight in your hand. Even though you know the power is out you still automatically flip the light switch as you go into the room!

I was so glad to get the lights back on last night so I could turn on my beloved computer! LOL Also to have hot water so I could take a bath!

hugs Redwillow