Winter make pain worse

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deserella, Nov 21, 2011.

1. deserella

deserella Member

Today was rough and I am discouarged and I need to let it out to people who understand. I live in Utah and the weather is getting colder. We had a wet snow/rain Sunday night and when I woke up and I had terrible, terrible pain all over. It took half the day waiting for meds to kick in and finally I wasn't so miserable. Its depressing knowing I'll have to go through this process everyday for the rest of winter.

Last winter I was on lyrica and amitryptaline to help with pain. Around Spring I didn't feel like I needed them and I wasn't crazy about the weight gain with Lyrica so I and went off. I'm really considering relocating to a warmer climate. Just got to get my husband to understand and get on board.
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Hi deserella-I'm a fellow Utahn! Sounds like you spent that last storm like me-MISERABLE!

Kicked around a warmer climate but then heat does me into so guess at this point Utahs it....

Crossing fingers we have a mild winter ahead.
  3. ILoveGreen

ILoveGreen New Member

Deserella: As a former CO resident, I am familiar with high-mountain climes. At least you have sun with your cold, snowy days! Or if not, you are bound to see the sun within a day or two. I currrently reside in WI and we can go for periods of several days to (sigh) several weeks without sun...and cold, damp, snowy days. I can't wait to move someplace where I don't need a/c or heat and it's in the 70's-80's year round! Believe me, I'm looking for a no-more-pain locale, like Ecuador, Panama, Brazil, Mexico, etc. and the cost of living is less too! Good luck convincing your hubby!