winter socks for a laugh

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fudge43, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Hey .. anyone else have a thing for funny winter socks and wacky pjs ? .. strange how little things can cheer you up .. my feet have command of my profile now ! haha
  2. seveneyes

seveneyes New Member

My feet are always cold. Pray for my poor husband because I use him to warm them up, and a have an extensive collection of thermal socks. Nothing makes my day like a flannel nightgown, a velour robe, a hot cup of herbal tea and a pair a warm woolen socks. Oh, and a good old movie in Technicolor!
  3. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

I discovered pjs again at the age of 49 ..
    ggiggi .. we lived in southern Netherlands ( between Belgium and Germany ) Limburg, for 4 years and traveled a lot. I could then .. glad I got a chance to .. so I know what you mean : )
    seveneyes ... I just finished some herbal tea too ! LOL
  4. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Hey !
    fight4acure : ) .. isn't it nice to be comforted by something as simple as a warm pair of winter socks !
    I'm so glad I get a kick out the small things like this .. I had a hoot buying more pjs ( bright red ones with snowmen) a couple of days ago .. : )
    Stay warm guys !
    Fudge : )
  5. Bambi

Bambi New Member

couldn't get my leg that high..lol) but they had the SOFTEST socks I've ever felt at Costco about a month ago and I didn't want to spend the $$$ right then, so I passed them up. Now
    they are gone. Phooey.

We also bought a nice little electric fireplace (heater) for the place we were going to move. It's still in the box "somewhere". Nothing is unpacked and all is stuffed into our spare room and a rental storage room and wew can't seem to find it. It has to be in there somewhere but by the time I find it it will be 110 degrees again!

I love the way your set up and your house look! I love all the things you listed in your profile also! I think you are living MY (dream) life. Haha.
  6. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

... I didn't think I would get many responses .. I should have labled it "OT" as well .. but I guess there are a few "crazy-to-be-cozy" people out there ! haha

BUT ... I didn't realize the family room was in such a state .. my feet are on the filing cabinet, my husband's referee hockey bag is still "hanging out" (hs is away). You see my rat's nest corner with my rocking chair and loads of garden books piled hapazardly .. I'm usually a neat FREAK !! ..
    We have a more formal living room upstairs (raised bungalow) .. now, that stays perfect because no one goes in there ! haha .. So the family room is chaotic at times ..
    I waited a very LOMG time for our own house (always had military housing).. the fireplace (gas) was a huge bonus for us both, we are grateful for everything we have believe me ! .. and so are the cats ! hahaha
    Thanks for the comments girls !
  7. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

Hi! my boyfriend George and I had a hoot over the responces about socks.I had just told him about my fettish for fuzzy socks.The fuzzier the better and I love the cartoon caracter socks too. I have a gas fireplace that I hope to get installed this winter, in a living room I have used very little.I have a kitty and a dog that rules the household.I don't know that much about herbal teas,share with me the ones that are your favorites.Thanks Wishing you and yours cozy,happy, holidays.
  8. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Hi there atiledsner ! welcome to the crazy socks discussion group ! haha
    Herbal teas are great .. Celestial Seasonings and Tetley are some brand names I go for .. camomile, lemon,loads of different ones .. if you can get an assortment of them in a package you can try them out to see which ones you really like .. look for decaffinated for evening teas .. you don't want to be up all night from that stuff ! haha
    I have to have hot choclate once in a while .. "After Eight" is fantastic .. chocolate mint ! stick a candy cane in it and I'm in heaven ! haha
    Enjoy the tea trials !