Wiped Out

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bigfoot, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

I've had some symptoms of FMS for years, but after a flu bug of some sort in June I've gotten steadily worse to the point of almost being incapacitated! I try to work from home from my computer, but other than that I'm laying down exhausted. Have other people had this happen? It just seems like it hit me so hard. I enjoy my job for the most part, I'm not depressed, have a wonderful wife and kids,...I guess I just feel like an odd case because it seems most people here can at least do "some" things yet. Or is it possible to be in a flare since June? ......still learning.
  2. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

I've had some symptoms of FMS for years, but after a flu bug of some sort in June I've gotten steadily worse to the point of almost being incapacitated! I try to work from home from my computer, but other than that I'm laying down exhausted. Have other people had this happen? It just seems like it hit me so hard. I enjoy my job for the most part, I'm not depressed, have a wonderful wife and kids,...I guess I just feel like an odd case because it seems most people here can at least do "some" things yet. Or is it possible to be in a flare since June? ......still learning.
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

I crashed about the same time you did....I know how frustrating it is, to endure those endless months. Since I was totally incapcitated, at least there was the optimism that it couldn't get worse, lol. It has gotten better, though. I am not back to working--but I can at least dress myself--(grins) so that's an improvement. I am willing to count each baby step--it's progress.
    Wishing you---a few baby steps, each day!
    Regards,
    Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 11/07/2002]
  4. tes

tes New Member

Sorry to hear that you are not well. I have been in a flare for over 3 months now. Worst one ever!!!! Constant rib, and abnnminal pain and bigtime fatigue. Hope you feel better soon.

Tes
  5. dlizard

dlizard New Member

I'm getting back up from a year and a half this time... the worst one was three yrs long... LOL>>> I have to laugh ya'll. I still can't believe that the medical system ignores us... We are sick people and very discriminated against for the most part. Its the reason I'll no longer nurse and be a part of healthcare. I can't seem to get my fair share , but* ya'll flares can last a long long time...and they hit you outta d blue~ Good luck!
  6. LindaGa

LindaGa New Member

Ive been a flare sine aug and just stating to feel some better.But I still can"t walk this happened once for 8 years so i guess they can last a long time Hope we all feel better soon.LindaGa