Wisdom Teeth Pulled With CFS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dmholmes, Aug 5, 2009.

1. dmholmes

dmholmes New Member

Would it be a bad idea to have my wisdom teeth pulled while being in a fatigued state, low glutathione, bad anxiety, cognition, etc? I'd really like to have them out, one of them has the only amalgam I have. Scheduled for tomorrow, but I'm wondering if it is unwise to undergo this and the recovery with antibiotics etc...

2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I know that some dentists will give you a mild tranquilizer. I believe some also offer the "twilight sleep" though that might be in a hospital setting.

I also need to have extensive dental work done. My sister asked if I thought it might increase my FM symptoms and would it be better to have as much done at once and she would stay with me if needed. I had not thought of this.

I have never had a problem with dental work before this DD and unfortunately because of time and money have not seen a dentist since being sick, almost five years. Yuk!!

I have a consult next month with a dentist and will see how much I can do at the same time and get it over with.

Hope things work out.

ETA I made a joke without realizing it since you are having your wisdom teeth pulled, LOL!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/06/2009]
  3. dmholmes

dmholmes New Member

Thanks everyone! I had the IV sedation, now home parked in front of the TV. The sedation was a weird mix of dreaming and still being able to hear the doctor and nurse a bit. Now in gauze changing mode for a bit :)