Wisdom Teeth

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by babycakes01, Feb 16, 2006.

1. babycakes01

babycakes01 New Member

Has anyone had their wisdom teeth out since having fibro and did it cause yo to have a bad flare up?
  2. meowee

meowee New Member

I had all 4 of mine out last July. I felt great for several days afterwards. No pain at all from the anesthesia. I felt it actually gave me a nice break from the pain.

Just keep ice on your face as much as you can and you will do great.

GOOD LUCK
  3. andrea1459

andrea1459 New Member

I hate to say, but after i got mine out in nov 05, i was loaded with infections back to back and then suffered a horrible relapse, which I have right now.My advice is Do not get them out unless theyre hurting you.
  4. TheAurynn

TheAurynn New Member

I had the bottom two teeth out when I was still in high school, they could not do the top ones at that time because I had a bad reaction to the anesthesia. I stopped breathing, actually. This was several years before I got fibro. I have to say, it was horrible, and I was in bed for a whole week!

I had to get the top two teeth out about 2 years ago (after I got fibro), and I was very scared. I went to a very understanding doctor, and everything went well. He gave me demoral (spelling?) for the post-surgery pain since I am more sensitive to pain because of the fibro.

I think it depends a lot on having a good doctor, and getting adequate pain relief afterwards. And make sure you take care of your mouth exactly as the doc tells you to afterwards, otherwise you are more prone to getting dry socket, etc. The comment someone else made about keeping ice on your face helps a lot. It is also helpful to have someone to take care of you after the surgery.

Hope this helps some,

Jessica
    [This Message was Edited on 02/17/2006]