wisdom tooth and poisening (non-merc/amal.)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hazygal, Sep 22, 2003.

1. hazygal

hazygal New Member

I've been sick for four years and about a month ago I had my wisdom teeth pulled two; upper and lower... Well I've been feeling pretty good with lots of energy... People I know come up to me and tell me how great I look! I'm now realizing maybe that was the problem after all... Anyone else get better when teeth were possibly poisening your body?
  2. baybe

baybe New Member

this illness is so up and down I never really know what works. I did have all my old mercury fillings taken out and replaced them with amalgam, actually had some capped. This was recommended to me by a nutritionist that works in a east meets west type support clinic. They have stuff like massages, pt, nutrition and some Alternative medicine involvement. My Dr. recommended I go there. Vermont is big on this kind of thing.
    I have had great amount relief with tooth sensitivity and TMJ through this process. I am glad I had dental insurance, even with that it was a very costly job.
    Finally finding a good dentist and having the mercury out was a great relief.
  3. DesertSongDog

DesertSongDog New Member

Frankly, having my wisdom teeth made things worse. It threw off my bite even more. Right after they were removed I had to have a couple teeth filed down because one side of my jaw hit before the other when I bit down and it was giving me constant headaches. I constantly bite my tongue now, I have to chew very slowly and think about it so I don't bite my tongue. Later one molar started to turn inward and now rubs against my tongue which has caused a growth which I will have to have lasered off - whee! *sarcasm*. I am looking at more oral surgery and expensive dental work (braces). I only recently got dental insurance and braces still won't be covered. If I could go back in time, I'd choose having my wisdom teeth bother me for a few days every few months over this.