Wisdom tooth surgery tomorrow Think good thoughts

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by butterfly83, Jan 3, 2007.

1. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Hey everyone - I'm having my wisdom tooth surgery TOMORROW! Please keep me in your thoughts and cross your fingers that everything goes smoothly. I am SLIGHTLY nervous :eek:/
  2. BobinGermany

BobinGermany New Member

Hi,
    I will say a prayer that all goes very well with your tooth extraction tomorrow!

God Bless,
    Bob
  3. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

All mine are gone. They heal up after awhile and then you never have to think about them again.

(( ))
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Good thoughts coming your way!! Hang in there, butterfly. It will be over very soon.

Kathy
  5. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

coming your way.

I understand the nervous...I am also going in for surgery tomorrow but not my wisdom teeth.

I think we will both be just fine.
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Make sure you get pain medication to take post-extraction. That should be a given, but you never know what different dentists will prescribe. I've never taken regular pain medication for FM, but I am a firm believer that after surgery or any invasive procedures, it is really important to take pain meds. until you pass the first 48 hours, at least...I've had several surgeries after being dx'd with FM, and was nervous about having huge flares afterward, but I've never really had problems, I think because I took the pain meds and made myself as comfortable as I could in those first few days of recovery.

That said, I'll be saying a prayer and thinking good thoughts for you tomorrow!

Hugs,
    Pam
    [This Message was Edited on 01/03/2007]
  7. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Thanks everyone for your good wishes! My surgery went okay this morning. I got anesthesia so I don't remember too much of it, just a few times hearing talking, and feeling a some pressure on my jaw. They were able to get all 4 out, which I am really happy about, because this isn't something I want to go through again.

The only slightly scary part was that they gave me nitrous (laughing gas) while they put in the I.V., and it really freaked me out because I could still think clearly, but I couldn't feel my body. But luckily that was only for a minute, before they used the I.V. meds to put me into twilight sleep.

I did get a prescription for Hydrocodone to control the pain, so I'll be taking that regularly, at least for the next few days. And I am alternating with icing my cheeks, and using steeped tea bags over the holes (i heard the antioxidants can be more benefitial then just gauze).

So all and all it hasn't been a terrible experience. I know that my Fibro will probably flare because of this stress on my body, but I've been through flares before, so I'm okay with that.

I'm just very happy that it's OVER and I won't have to worry about my wisdom teeth giving me trouble ever again :)