Wish i could help input more

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fibrolady37, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

I"m not online at home & feel that if i was i could do more research about Cfs & Fibro etc.
    I use local libraries computer & this week have been online 3 days it"s great,can only go online for an hour as it"s school hols.
    When kids go back I"ll be able to go on for 2hours again.
    Does anyone know roughly how much i would expect to pay for a 2nd hand computer?
    Any advice gratefully recieved,hugs(((((((((((.
    I may be able to get a 2nd hand computer if they don"t cost too much,fingers crossed.
    Best wishes sharon dawber
    P.S.I"d like to change my online name does anyone know how i can do this please?
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You will have to use the link at the bottom of the page to e-mail the webmaster and ask for the change. Tell him what you want your new name to be.

There are often people who will donate their old computers or computer components when they upgrade. Can you post on community bulletin boards that you need a computer but have limited funds? That way, if someone responds, he or she will know that you cannot pay a lot. Check e-Bay to see what used computers are going for or stop in to the local City Circuit and Best Buy stores and ask the clerks. They may even know of someone who has used equipment for sale. I wouldn't buy anything older than about three years. High speed isn't all that important because even a slow computer will be pretty fast with a high speed line and if you use dial up, the speed won't be a big deal anyway. Most machines sold in the last two or three years have adequate speed and RAM to perform well.

Is there a college or tech school nearby where students learn how to work on computers? They may take donations and sell them for the cost of the parts which were used in them.

Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  3. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Thanks for that youve been a big help ill do what you suggested.
    Everyone here is in my prayers morning & night.
    Very gentl hugs to you (((((((((((((((((((.
    sharon dawber

[ advertisement ]