wish this on others?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hannahfaid, Oct 24, 2009.

1. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

have you ever been so sick and tired of people making this look like a cold or something, you just wish they could walk a week in your shoes??? I would never wish this on anyone, but I get worn out trying to explain or "defend" myself.. hey IM NOT TAKING PAINKILLERS FOR THE HIGH.. I DEPEND ON THEM.. I get every moron thaty knows I take pain meds callin me to BUY a few percs is this insane?? I never thought I would end up[ knowing the caliber of people that would even ask, let alone taking meds that I depend on because they have a headache? or cant sleep?? percocet isnt a glorified aspirin whats wrong with people
    live a week in my life..then when I ask ya for a few percs u may understand why I dont respond no consideration...why?? because we arent using crutches or completely bedridden I am angry
  2. m1she11e

m1she11e New Member

I am very sorry to admit that I have wished my illness on a handful of people. It is always a certain kind of person who acts so strong and together about their life and so condescending
    about mine.

There are just those comments that set off the little devil on my shoulder and I think "I wish you had this." Then I will think about a time frame that they could handle it without jumping off the nearest bridge. Most people that I wish it on would be heading for the bridge in less than a year. They would never make it the 27 years (28 now...).

Lucky for these people I speak of, I do not seem to have the power to give ANYONE a walk in my shoes...

3. marley69

marley69 New Member

I think that should be a symptom of cfs....and I would not sell something that gave me relief for this disease....know how u feel
  4. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

If I could choose who to infect, yes. There are some really evil people out there that I would love to give this to, severely. I'd like to see them bedridden with it. They are just too evil to be out and about in the world. And I can't stand it when they judge me and tell me that what we have isn't the worst thing in the world. Really? Try it.

I have a really evil cousin who is very high strung and nervous. She told me our illness is a fake disease. I would love to have her get this and not be able to have a life from it. I'd like to see how long she would last.

I don't think anyone I want to have this would last more than a month, if even that.
  5. Svette_Palme

Svette_Palme New Member

Ya those junkies coming after your 'script is a nasty bit of business isn't it. Its like we enter the world of the down and out just because we take pain meds. I wonder how the word spreads so fast that someone has a 'script? That happened to me too.

Now I am paranoid coming out of the drug store, thinking I might get rolled for my prescription.

I think this War on Drugs is hitting the wrong people too much. Prohibition has to end.
  6. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I have never wished this on others - I certainly have wished for their understanding or wished something would hit them to make them understand! I've mentioned this before, but I don't think my Best friend understands this at all. We don't even talk about it. She always has 'pains' somewhere. Anyway not that long ago, she had shoulder pain for about a week and said "I told the Dr that if I had to live with this pain, I'd rather not live". I was silent on the other end of the phone. Then I said, 'hmm, imagine how I feel". I still don't think she got it.

Regarding the scripts...there have been numerous robberies around here of the local pharmacies - I told my husband, we should be VERY careful not to even mention to ANYONE that I take any medication whatsoever. You never know who could get word and decide to go after it. The next day in our paper, someone's house was broken into and they stole their prescription medication.
    Luckily I've never had anyone ask to buy anything from me. They know I'd never ever give them anything - let alone commit a felony and sell something.

I'd be ticked off too - I understand where you're coming from!
  7. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

Yes. I am not generally a mean person, but those that have made the remark to me about NOT BEING THAT BAD, I have wished it on them.

I know what you mean about not taking the pills for a high. I have times, it really gets old! There are times when I drive I have to put off taking them, and then realize that I am probably more a threat not taking them while driving than if I was to take them and drive. We all know how bad the pain is, and I just think that not having them to help me be more up to par so to speak makes it harder to drive right. I really dont drive that much anymore because of that. When I have cut down on them and start hurting, I dont really care what people think, I need them.

But yes I do wish it on those that dont understand, I am sorry if that is wrong, but I am really sick of those that put me down about something that they know nothing about.

Julie
  8. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

USUSALLY CARRY A FEW IN MY PURSE IN LITTLE PILL FOBS..ONLY HAVING 2 OF EACH SO NOBODY IS THINKING i HAVE A STASH...YEAH THE PEOPLE WHO MAY HAVE READ A LETTER OR ARTICLE ON fm, MAKES IT LOOK SO EASY OK KIDS....BESIDES THE PAIN WHAT DO WE GET AS LOVELY PARTING GIFTS?? MUSCLE SPASM, INSOMNIA, FOOD SENITIVITIES, MOST LIKELY THYROID ISSUES...DEPRESSION BECAUSE WE ARE THROWN INTO A WORLD WE MENTALLY FEEL WE DONT BELONG
    BUT ITS NO BIG DEAL TAKE A PILL THROW SOME DIRT ON IT U WILL B FINE
  9. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

there are only three people whom I would wish this on....Reeves, White and Wessley.....not only would it be poetic justice, but if they were sick enough, it would stop them from being able to continue causing harm to all of us

even with them, I would not wish it forever.....just for a good long time

with others who don't get it, I would definitely love to be able to give them a chance to understand what it is really like, but I still wouldn't wish this on them

I would also love to be able to give some sort of good understanding to those who make the various laws and rules that discriminate against those with invisible illnesses
  10. nah.stacey

nah.stacey Member

Let's give them a blood transfusion and see if it makes them sweat they will get this and see if it is all in our heads then?

I have to go to a Drug Psychological Evaluation this week. My new pain mngmt clinic wants to make sure I'm really in pain and not a druggy trying to get into their clinic for the high. Thank you all you real druggies who make our life sooooo much easier.

It's complete frustration that the Pain clinic doesn't equate a blood pressure of 185/95 because of pain as a great indicator. So far the two appts. I have had with them my B.P. has been in the 180's hhhhhhmmmmmm. "What is your pain level right now?" they ask me. I look at the blood pressure monitor and say "That should give you a good idea, it's around 7-8, if were 10 I wouldn't be here, oh, and FYI, that's after 2 1/2 percocet". Oh but I still have to go to the "shrinky-dink" just to be sure.
    I am going to make sure he knows that the frustration of finding a doctor who listens is causing alot of my anger and depression symptoms. I only get depressed after every doctor appointment I go to and the doctor treats you like you don't know anything about what you are feeling and they know everything about how to cure your "depressive pain". GGGGGGRRRRR

There are some doctors I would wish this upon just so they can really KNOW what we are feeling not just THINK they know, and that they when they talk to us they really do feel our pain. The best doctor I have ever had was a doctor who really did have CFS/FM. He was so compassionate and NEVER belittled what my theories were or how I felt. He has been searching and researching for cure for 20 years. He worked for the Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Clinic until our state University Hospital ran them out of town, something about them dispensing too much pain medication. HHHHMMMMM consider the clientele, and the fact that the Univ. Hospital Dr.'s don't think CFS/FM is a real illness only a depressive state. (They have a massive physch unit at the hospital)
    Heaven save us from the healthy learned.

Maybe we could just start telling them we have cancer and see how the reactions change.

Best of everything,
    Nah.stacey