with LYME what tests do u ask for?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by fibrobutterfly, Apr 1, 2009.

1. myself and some others are having tremors and so many fibro like symptoms, but wonder if it could be lyme after all. My dr did a test last yr but if I remember its a specific test, etc. HELP! I will research it myself.
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

You need a western blot IgG and IgM, test #188 and #189 from Igenex lab in CA.

www.igenex.com

Even if the overall interpretation says negative, the band results can indicate lyme.

If you have this test done, get a copy of the results right away and post the band results here. Many Dr's think they are negative when they are not.

It is also very important to note that lyme is never ruled out based just on a lab test.

Lyme is a clinical diagnosis, based on history and symptoms and can be supported by labwork.

I'd be glad to help you in any way possible.[This Message was Edited on 04/01/2009]
  3. thanks , next time I go to my family dr I will ask. I wonder if you went to a neurologist dr if they do these? I am copying those tests.
  4. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

Don't expect any Dr to really be familar with Igenex. They will tell you that it is not necessary.

Read my reply on the "Lyme Disease Mention on Young and Restless Today" thread on the FM/CFS board.

I had to go to 3 Dr's to get one to order it. Some people go through many more than that.

You must insist, thouugh.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/02/2009]
  5. munch1958

munch1958 Member

http://www.anapsid.org/lyme/strickerpanel.html

This test can tell how well your immune system is doing.