withdrawal Kadien

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NewEnglander, Sep 20, 2008.

1. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

I'm having withdrawal from the kadian
    I keep sneezing, thats part of it, it doesnt stop

does anyone know of any good hosptial for this in massachusetts,

since I have no choice but to go. I just don't know were I can go.

I'm not a drug addict, I depend on my medication.

but I have to go to a hosptial for drug addcition.

go is going to treat me for pain now, after they find out I had to go to a drug rehap.

God Bless
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Hon, You're not going for drug addiction - remember that.
    Those darn doctors have you confused. They were saying you weren't taking your meds right? that's not addiction. AND you're not addicted - you were prescribed your meds because you need them for your chronic pain.
    You ARE probably dependent and will go through withdrawal.

Make sure whoever you talk to, that you explain that clearly - that you are NOT going for drug addiction. I think that might hurt you down the road in getting you pain medication which you will or may need to live with Fibro/ME.

Do you have a good relationship with your pharmacy? Are there any hotlines in your area you can call - not sure what kind - maybe someone else can jump in here.
    Trying to bump your post up to the top.

Anyone else who doesn't know the full story - read Kellyann's post on "dr.'s cutting her off all meds."

What about an emergency psychiatrist appt. I know sometimes they will help. My girlfriend gets all of her medication from her psychiatrist.
    I know I'm grasping at straws here, but i want to make sure that whatever you do now, won't hurt you later.

Wish I was more knowledgable in the resources available.
    WHO is helping you with this??? anyone??
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Didn't mean to write "Kellyann!" And it's not Kellyann's post anyone else should be reading regarding dr.s cutting meds at once.

My apologies to both newenglander and Kellyann!

Also - can you get something in writing from that company that states that the drink you drank wipes out all traces of meds you take? you need that.
  4. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

don't you worry
    I'm going to tell them that I am no addict but am going throught withdrawel.

I am depended on these medications in which I have never, ever abused once.

as for that drink, all they have to do is go on the website and read all about,

I even told this doctor X
    she could call the company, but she doesn't care

she knows I took those meds

shes the one that wants to put me in a hosptil

which is fine by me

she also said for me to tell them that I'm addicted

I not doing that

I will be there so I will be safe and that is all

I am depended .

I so upset and don't want to be in lockdown

I am desperately seeking a decent rehap place for mass, but not with luck

I have masshealth only so I can't find a good place.

thnks again janna, thats my nieces name

God Bless
  5. PVLady

PVLady New Member

You can take Subutex and eliminate all withdrawal effects. Subutex is used to prevent withdrawals for any opiates. I used it when stopping MS Contin.

A doctor must be specially licensed to prescribe it because there is training on its use. You actually dissolve the tablet under your tongue twice a day.

It also prevents pain, but works well.

You can search for doctors who prescribe it on the net. Most times you take it as a outpatient. Sadly, many doctors are not using Subutex to help their patients - I guess they would rather allow them to suffer.....

See below

Few Physicians Using Buprenorphine to Treat Addiction

Although the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved buprenorphine to treat heroin and other opiate addiction in 2002, few doctors are using the drug as an alternative to methadone, Newsday reported May 6.

While methadone requires patients to make daily trips to a methadone clinic, buprenorphine is available through a doctor's prescription and can be taken at home. And unlike methadone, buprenorphine does not have a high potential for misuse or fatal overdose.

The FDA approved the drug's use for addiction to heroin, morphine, and prescription opiates such as OxyContin. However, only 1,000 doctors have prescribed buprenorphine since it became available in pharmacies last spring.

Addiction experts said restrictions attached to buprenorphine have discouraged its use. For instance, doctors who prescribe buprenorphine are required to take a daylong class to learn about the drug, and request a special license from the Drug Enforcement Agency before they can write prescriptions. In addition, doctors are not allowed to have more than 30 patients at one time on the medicine.

"There is no other medical treatment that demands this," said Dr. Herbert Kleber, a professor of psychiatry at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center in Manhattan, N.Y.

Some doctors, like Dr. Ron Brady, medical director of Bridge Plaza, a methadone program in New York, also are skeptical about the drug's effectiveness. "I want to see that it works before I start using it," said Brady. "I have learned that some patients should never be alone when taking their medicine."

Snezana Milanovic, M.D. 20 Park Plaza, Suite 442, Boston, MA 02116 1 (617) 948-2110

Mark Sapp, M.D. Childrens Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02116 1 (617) 355-2727

Abigail Schein, M.D. MGH/ West End Clinic, 16 Blossom Street, Boston, MA 02114 1 (617) 726-2000

Duy Pham, M.D. 251 Causeway Street, Suite 245, Boston, MA 02114 1 (617) 248-1016

Lily Awad, M.D. VAOPC 251 Causeway Street, 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02114 1 (617) 248-1054

CVS Pharmacy 340 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02110 1 (617) 426-1970

New England Med Op Depts 750 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111 1 () -

Pharmacare 35 Kneeland Street, Boston, MA 02111 1 (617) 542-2533

Massachusetts General Hospital
    Addiction Services 16 Blossom Street Boston, MA 02114 1 (617) 726-2712

CAB Boston Treatment Center 784 Rear Massachusetts Avenue Boston, MA 02118 1 (617) 247-1001

[This Message was Edited on 09/20/2008]
  6. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

I will look into that

would rather do that then go some lock up

7. PVLady

PVLady New Member

If you are very ill I would go to the ER of either of these hospitals. You can also search the website for the closest hospital at the following website.

It is a crying shame so many doctors are ignorant about Subutex. It saved me. My doctor has a website on Subutex called painandaddiction.com. It does not mean you are a addict or a bad person. His website has alot of excellent information.

I actually stayed on Subutex for three years now as a maintenance because it stopped my fibro pain.
  8. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I read your prior posts. After you are recovered I would suggest you contact a attorney about this doctor taking you off your drugs cold turkey.

9. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

How are you doing right now?

PVLady gave great advice (as usual!)

I want to make sure you are documenting everything.

You also need to get a copy of your records from that doctor's office.

The problem if you go into detox or rehab or whatever they are calling it - is that you still have a chronic pain condition. You aren't some person who just got 'addicted' (which we know you're not) and needs to get off of them.

OH how ironic that that doctor wants you to tell them you're addicted. Addicted to what? Apparently they don't thik you're taking your medication - isn't that right?... since it didn't show up on your urinalysis? Oh I'm so pi$$ed at them right now.

How is your husband being? Supportive? You need all the support you can get right now.

Do you have some Tylenol pm? Keep yourself in the bathtub with some epsom salts a couple of times a day.

I want to know how you are. How many days until you are out of your medication? one more?

10. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Here is an 800 crisis line that can hook you up with services in your state.

1-800-273-8255 or 911.

Please do not hesitate to call this number.

Take care. Keep us posted.

PS I am bumping up a post called "Chronic Pain Harms Brain" which might be helpful for a doctor who is a bit understanding to look at. I hope you get some doctors like that!!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/20/2008]
  11. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

i'm very sick right now, so I'm not able to read all that u have written yet.

I will though when I can

I'm too sick to fight right now

sick and scared

monday I will try to get into a doctors office to try to get more kadian to help me fight and I will try to get that other medicine. you all have bee a blessing

as for my husband and son
    there really scared, I can see it in their eyes

God bless
    Be well

12. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

first let me just say God Bless to you all

thank you for all your information. beleive me I need it.

rigth now I'm looking for a safe site were I can purchase medications with prescriptions.

I'm not readly to give up on my life yet.

not after knowing what it feels like to be happy again.

I have one Kadain left, which give's me one more day.

I not going to ration anymore, I will have this day. thats all.

it won't be for enjoyment but for as much reseach as I can do on the web.

I am tired.

so sad I don't want to get out of bed

that was not me a week ago

I cannot believe the support given on this site, I use to here a lot.

thank you so much

13. lilac123

lilac123 New Member

Hi Lisa,

I am so sorry you are going thru this!! It just infuriates me that some of these doctors are so ignorant in the treatment of chronic pain.

Do you know for sure that you are talking to the "doc" when you call that office or just one of the office personell? It is unusual to actually talk over the phone with a doctor.

Also, you are not an addict if you are taking meds for a chronic pain addiction. There is information on here about the difference between dependence and addiction. It is totally very different!! People with pain do not respond the same way to these types of medicine as a person who takes it for a high. I am a recovering alcholic (sober 6+ yrs) and know the difference between abusing a drug and treating my condition.

1st, i would make sure you are talking to the right person at that office! When I went thru all my nightmare, it turned out the Doctor wasn't even getting my messages, the ladies in the office were taking it upon themselves to decide what was best for me according to their rules on refills. If this doc thinks it is ok to just cut you off then she must be in some kind of trouble already or being watched etc. I would also be very leary of taking any of this doc's advice about going to a rehab. Sounds like they are just trying to get rid of you and not do their jobs. They tried to do that to me but I wasn't going away because I knew I'd done nothign wrong.

Wish i could help you more but please when you feel up to it, look on the internet about dependce versese addiction and get to a new doctor or clinic or ER if the withdrawal get too severe. I know all about withdrawal and it is not fun at all and can be dangerous. I would not hesitate to gather my information and contact the medical board, an attorney, the hospital this office is affiliated with, etc. and let them know your dire situation. Also a Congressman's office has people we have elected to help us and this sounds like it's all due to the laws they have put into place because of the ones who abuse these meds illegally.

Please make sure when you have called them, who you have talked to actually. It may jsut be some idiot answering the phone and trying to play God. I have never been able to talk to a "Doctor" on the phone.

Prayers are with you and I know you can get thru this. It is just so hard to fight for ourselves when we are so sick and dealing with uneducated people who don't have any idea what real pain is like and what all goes along with it.

Soft hugs,

14. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

I'm been on this computer for days now

I have decided not to go to rehap

I am going to try to get to a doctor who will prescribe

I am also looking up pain clinics, but so tired, I wish I could rest

but I don't have time, tommorow I will be out of meds and will need to go somewhere

God Bless
  15. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Just to let you know,when they start you on Subutex, you should be at the time your next dose of the opiate is due.

There is a timing factor. Then the doctor gives you the fitst dose in their office and you stay there for observation. They check you and make sure it works, etc.

My doctor had me leave with a few prescriptions of other drugs in case I needed them - like some Klonopin for anxiety, Compazine for nausea, and something for a headache.

I never needed any of the prescriptions thank goodness. Subutex is normally covered by prescription but not always. It is pricy but you don't have to take it forever.

Don't call yourself a addict. Addicts are people who take drugs whether they need them or not, mainly for the high feeling.

You have developed a tolerance and as with most drugs, you cannot stop cold turkey.

In 1976 my mom was on prescription drugs and the doctor tapered her too slow. By the third day she was in a full blown withdrawal. We had to go to the ER and she was in the hospital for a month. You should not wait as you can get very dehydrated and sick.

You doctor was very wrong to do this to you - no matter what her reason.

16. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

I have been reading this post over and over trying to think of what I can do or say to help. I am glad you are not going to the rehab that doctor ( I use that title loosley) wants you to go to. If you have to go to one, let it be the one you choose on your terms. You do not need help because you are an addict. You need help because of an idiot who practices medicine and thinks they are God. You need help because this idiot took you off all meds cold turkey.

Concentrate on getting the meds you need. Then get a lawyer and go after the idiot. God be with you. I will keep you in my prayers.

17. deb7ro

deb7ro New Member

I just read your post 4:00 am.....
    I see where you have not been on site since 9-22.
    I was wondering if you were able to get some help, I am so sorry the Dr's are doing this to you.
    You are in my prayers.
    It makes you wonder, would these Dr's let their loved ones suffer with the chronic pain we all endure? I think not!!

I cried when I read all of your posts...
    Please do not think this is your fault, you did nothing, except try to exist without constant pain.

If they could be in our shoes (if that day we were able to get out of bed and put shoes on, lol)
    they might not be so quick to think we are all crazy drug addicts.
    Our diseases are still a joke to most people, what a shame!

If anyone else has had contact with Newenglander, please let us know how she is doing.
    God bless to all

18. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

I'm still in withdrawel from my meds and getting hit with the severe pain.
    don't know how far this pain is going to go.
    the ER will not help me.
    I can't believe I am suffering this way and have so much pain. I don't have any meds, nothing.
    take care
    be well

I want to write more just so sick

thank you for caring, it means a lot
  19. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

I wish there was something I could do for you. It just breaks my heart. Have you looked into pain clinics?