Withdrawing FROM OXCY?DOES Dr give you something to help????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzetal, Oct 31, 2006.

1. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Is a Dr able to give something else so you DON'T get sick???

I have a call into her now.My Cap on the med partD is here.That med is 163.00 a month .I just don't have it so I'm going to have to get off it and all my stuff I take till January.

I know there is help but we DO NOT qualify my Hubby makes too much LOL they don't take into consideration the 75,000.00 credit card dept he has that cost 2000.00 a month through a dept consolidation program thank God for them cause before it was 4500.00 a month.

Need help-p so I do not get sick.......

Sue
  2. Suzan

Suzan New Member

There is a drug..I think the name is Subutex..that is supposed to help. But, slow weaning off works pretty well, you spread out the doses so that there are more and more hours inbetween doses till you can stop taking them all together. I imagine it will depend on the amount you are taking..and how long you have been taking the drug. Talk to your doctor..they should be able to help you.
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Thank you for your help.

I forgot to fill them one time and it was a holiday weekend so no oxcy so I got very ILL .Was in the hospital dehydrated and IV also the gave me pain meds tru the IV .

My gut hurt so bad from the vomiting I thought I would die.Oh well Ill see what she says.I sure do hope she has an idea for all my meds.

One doctor is trying to get me free cymbalta.That one does help my pain and I pray he can get some.

Thanks
    Sue

[ advertisement ]