"Witnessing Type Posts From The Main Board

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Mikie, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

my oh my.... 11/01/02 04:30 AM

I feel very led by the Holy Spirit to respond to this message. Yes, many choose to worship "God", but the only true God is the Almighty God or Abba Father the Father of Jesus Christ. Many whom are lost will not have the opportunity to recognize that the only way to heaven is through our Savior who died on the Cross for our sins. The Bible says Exodus 20:3 You shall have no other gods before me. I did not realize that this was going to be a discussion on this board. I also did not realize how I as a child of God, must speak up and say please ladies, be cautious of saying it is okay to worship any other "gods" and feel okay by it. I could go around and around, but I will pray for all your souls, and I guess I will be amazed if this is even allowed to be placed on the response section. I love Jesus for sacrificing Himself for all my sins and I know He loves each and everyone of you as He does all. I also realize that others feel that Halloween is okay...but...that to is in the Bible about praying to the dead, participating in any form of witchcraft etc. I will not pussy foot around this issue. Our Lord stated that the only way to heaven is through Jesus. We all need to recognize this...

BACK REPLY - EDIT - DELETE - BAN

Kim
    (12)

I am in agreement with Scoobsmom 11/01/02 07:11 AM

Dear People,

Please understand that there is no neutral territory when you are speaking of God, the one uncreated person who sent His son, Jesus Christ, to die for our sins. I am under strong conviction by the Holy Spirit to ask you to not compromise your belief by allowing false gods to be worshipped or even tolerated. If you are a Christian, meaning a follower of Jesus Christ, that means you've given your life to Him, allowed Him to be your Lord and Savior and are indwelled by the Holy Spirit, the teacher of the Word.

If you are a Christian you know that no one comes to the Father except through the Son. You also know that anything not of God is of the evil one....a fake.....a lie.

God, our father, loves us. He wants us to live by His truth.

Prayers and peace,

Kim

2. Ihop811

Ihop811 New Member

What more can be said, besides a big whoopin "AMEN"!

~Patty
  3. kathyrere

kathyrere New Member

God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.
    i may not have gotten the words just right but this is the first verse each of my children learned and still to this day can say it. my minds not as good. but the meaning is very clear.

There is only one way to Heaven through our Savior Jesus Christ that died for our sins. And thank God he did.

God Bless
    kathyre
  4. Boosey

Boosey New Member

in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Acts 4 v 12.

All others are counterfeits.

Boosey
  5. Kim

Kim New Member

for this board. We must continue to bring the Gospel to those seeking on other boards. We can do this in a loving manner, as Jesus did. We don't need to "preach", just love and be there, despite our own suffering.

We cannot compromise. It's so easy to do. Other gods or other ways to God besides Jesus are ALL COUNTERFEIT, ALL LIES. Jesus is the son of God and our Lord and Savior. He was not just a good person, or a prophet, He IS WAS AND ALWAYS WILL BE GOD..

Kim
  6. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Many references are made to "lord of lords", "king of kings" and "god of gods"; I believe there are other kingdoms and to those other kingdom's they too have a God. Not much is said about what those other universalities are like other than there is a "God of Gods".

The passage that has caused me much personal thought is in Genesis when it is stated that the gods came down from heaven and had their way with the (I believe it was Cananite) women. I have heard "some" go so far as to say the "giant" of whom David slew was a son of one of these unions(?).

However, one thing I do know is that I must learn, by the guidance of the Holy Spirit, lessons step by step, precept upon precept and that will continue after I cross this earthly existence. I have learned in the last eight years, since my Baptism et al. more than I did in the 45 years preceeding. I know what has been revealed to me. I know many plain truths that I had overlooked before I asked the Holy Ghost to open my eyes so I could understand. I still do this everyday and it amazes me the depth of each new concept, precept that appears once I have taken step, after step.

One last thing, all things good are of "God", even if revealed by one who does not practice the principles set forth. His ways are not our ways; his time is not our time; I pray that when it is time for my earthly existance to end, I will be worthly, manifested my talents to their best, so I will be granted into the kingdom and continue to learn, study, whorship ect.

I also must respect as kindly as possible another's religious belief. I am the only family member, together with my son, who attends the same church as I; however I believe that when every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is the Lord, they will be sufficiently humbled to be covered by the blood of Christ.

For now, the mote in my eye is great and being sorely tested. Love CactusLil'
  7. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

but only ONE Almighty God and He has a name. Most people, even regular church goers, don't know this. I was raised in the Brethren church and nobody told me God had a name, just like you and I do. His name used to be in the bible thousands of time, but over the years, it has been removed until now it is normally only seen at Psalms 83:18. I've even seen some bibles where they've taken His name from THAT verse too! I'm sure He frowns on us removing His name and is even saddened by it, and I often wonder where man gets ideas that they think they can take it upon themselves to alter the bible?

Marilyn :)
  8. Scoobsmom

Scoobsmom New Member

Heavenly Father, dear Lord Jesus, thank you for the salvation you bring to all who believe. Thank you for the shedding of your blood for our past, present and future sins, and may we be pleasing in your sight as we live our lives for your glory!!!! Protect us from evil and Holy Spirit show those who may be falling into error of what the Word of God has revealed. Thank you for the book of Revelation that assures us in 22:18-21... I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book; If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which is described in this book. He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon". Amen. Come Lord Jesus.The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen.

Thank you Father...In our Lord and Saviour's name..amen...
  9. Kim

Kim New Member

Dear Heavenly Father, I join with Scoobsmom in the name of Jesus Christ Your Son, our Redeemer and pray that the Truth of Your Word is revealed to all who seek it on this board. We stand on the scriptures and Your Word and proclaim that Jesus Christ died for our sins and to set us free.