wle and aquarose. . .

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mamashome, Sep 4, 2003.

1. mamashome

mamashome New Member

i am on topamax for numbness, pain and burning. I am up to 50 mg. a day. It seem to do good for awhile now i am going numb again all the time, going to call my dr. to see if he will up it again. I am the first one he has tried topamax on though. He uses neurotin which didnt do anything for me. can u jump up from 50 to 100 or do you have to go from 50 to 75 first. I know you guys arent drs. but my dr. didnt seem to know much about this drug. It was under my asking and what i knew about it. I have done very well with the topapmax with no side effects so far. thanks mama
  2. mamashome

mamashome New Member

have a nice day. mama
  3. wle

wle New Member

........and apparently there went my post into outer space because it isn't here! Anyway, my Dr. started me on 25mg of topamax 2X a day for 2 weeks. I up my dosage to 50mg 2X a day this Saturday for the next two weeks. Then it is bac to the Dr. He will increase I imagine again at that time. I have very little side effects. Had twitching in my right eye for the first few days but that was slight and it has pretty much gone away except for a rate twitch now and then. I can't drink soda pop at all. My beloved pepsi tastes like cola flavored peroxide! Yuck! I know I am better off with out it, but boy, oh boy do I miss my afternoon pick me up. (I now drink decaf tea, green tea (unsewwtened) and ofcourse water. Have 1 mug of coffee in the am.) Back to the topamax. Took me a few days to get the time of my afternoon/evening dose situated so I didn't sleep through the alarm in the morn. Imagine being in such a deep sleep you sleep through the alarm. It is GREAT! I now take my evening dose as soon as I get home from work at 4:30/5:00pm - no later than 6:00pm. Any later and I run the risk of over sleeping. I get up refreshed. Do not have that hung over feeling. I am less achy. I have not had the terrible side effects that some experience. I also have not had the increase in energy that some have experienced. Maybe that will come. Nor have I had the decrease in appitite or any weight loss that I can tell. That was the one I really wanted! LOL! I put topamax in the search field at the top of the page and printed out a bunch of stuff which I took along to my Dr. when I asked him about it before he put me on it. It has not been as widely used as some of the other drugs I don't think for FM. But so far so good for me.