woke up in a cold sweat and nauseous

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KMD90603, Feb 13, 2007.

1. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

Well, my appointment with the infectious disease doctor is finally on thursday. It truly cannot get here fast enough. I'm feeling awful right now, and I'm praying I have off from school today. We're getting some snow, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I woke up about fifteen minutes ago in a cold sweat. It was only a matter of seconds before I realized that I was feeling nauseous. I tried to lay in bed and forget about it, but the stomach pain overcame me. I threw up a tiny bit, but I still feel so bad. I don't know what I'll do if school is not cancelled tomorrow (well, today now). We have clinicals at the hospital, and I cannot afford to miss it. Otherwise, they'll have me make it up. I've only ever missed one clinical day in this entire program, and it took a fever of 103 to stop me.

I guess I'm just going to pray. I'm still shaking from that feeling of being in a cold sweat. Right before I went to bed I noticed I had the chills, but no fever. Maybe it's something I ate though. My husband and I went to Philadelphia yesterday to see the King Tut exhibit at the Franklin Institute. So maybe in our travels, something did not agree with my stomach. I just hope I can finally fall asleep, just in case there is school.

I have a feeling it's going to be a long night

Hugs,
    Kim
  2. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

Thank you for your reply. I was finally able to fall back to sleep, and I woke up feeling a little better. No more night sweats and the nausea has mostly subsided. I'm still feeling a little queasy, but I'm going to try to eat something light to settle my stomach.

Thankfully, we have a snow day today so that means no clinical. The lack of sleep on top of not feeling well just would not have been a good combination. My son's school is also closed, so it'll be nice to relax inside with him for the day.

Thanks again for responding to me. I'll let you know how my appointment goes tomorrow.

Hugs,
    Kim