Woke up with my dog on my head

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by littlebrownwren, Dec 24, 2007.

1. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

Twice in the same week my DH and I have woken to find our little dog on top of our heads.

Strange. She had never done it before.
    She had been whining over the last few days and we finaly put 2 and 2 together.

we have 5 smoke alarms in our house and we did not change the battreies when the fall time changed.

The darn things beep when the battery gets low.

Only it wasn't happening during the day, only at night when we were asleep. Or at least not loud enough or us to hear but she could.

Apparently she was hearing the sound before we were and it was hurting her ears. She was trembling all over and it took some doing to calm her down.

We've replace 3 batteries and need to get 2 more. In the meantime I've removed 2 and replaced the batteries in the others. I removed the entire alarm because I was afraid if I left them up without the battery we would forget to get te other batteries.

In the meantime my baby is sleeping more peaceful.

She did someting similar about 2 yrs ago with the phone line. I noticed that every time she walked past a certain phone jack she would stop and turn her head and listen.

Made DH crawl under the house and he found a short ina wire.

I thinks she is a sweetie but I really dont look forward to her sleeping on my head.LOL

2. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

She is a good girl and she is just taking care of her family. She may save your life one day. Good you replaced the batteries in your smoke alarms,time to replace ours too.
    Our dog(see profile) saved hubby's life. He has bad sleep apnea problem(uses bipap now) and the dog licked his face and woke him up to breathe.
    Always pay attention to what dogs are trying to tell you...they are so aware and so intuned!
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

You have a special little doggie. I recently adopted a sweet little Chihuahua from the shelter. He has turned out to have a beautiful dignified personality - and seems to sense when I need his love - he crawls up and sticks to me like a magnet.

The little guy has decided he really loves me I guess - Because he was so ill when I got him I have kept him with me 24/7. During the day if we are driving he decides he wants to crawl in my lap. Very smart little one.

Have a wonderful Cristmas!