Wolverine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fern, Jun 24, 2003.

1. fern

fern New Member

Hi Chris

Thanks for the response to my question about candida. Your statement about having pain with eating certain foods was interesting to me. Could you explain to me what you meant. I too have experienced "Dietary Pain" and was wondering if it was the same or similar.
    Also were you DX with candida and how long have you had this?
    I hope that I am not asking too many questions. I am just the curious type.
    Thanks.

fern
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl
  3. fern

fern New Member

Thanks for the earlier bump Shirl.

fern
  4. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

Yes i am extremely sensitive to sa many foods, my gut is in a terrible condition. i was diagnosed with candida years ago as i used antibiotics for about 2 years for acne - gosh wish i didnt. Yeh mostly its sugar that i feel worse after or refined carbs - i get very tired and palpitations - also worse fibro / muscle pains. If i spend a day or 2 eating just fish / chicken etc with a few low carb veg i feel very different pain wise (systemic pain) Diflucan used to make a huge difference to my systemic pain and sick all over feelings but now im sensitive to it - liver cant handle it anymore! :( oh well. Usually if u got onto a very bland diet - cut out dairy, gluten, yeast, sugar etc, and stay on a plain diet for a while such as fish, chicken, fresh steamed veg, brown rice with no sauces flavours or packaged foods - it makes the world of difference! (oh yeh ive studied nutrition and natural therapies etc for the last 3 years or so). I need to do that again myself cause im a sugar addict and that makes my probs woooooooooooorse than ever! Its just that im underweight so its very hard for me to keep what ive got. I just started olive leaf the other day - Dr Cabot's Olive Life. she has a site i think its (edited to remove URL) I am good friends with Dr cabots Naturopath Margaret Jasinska who is writing another book for Sandra at the moment on Gut detoxification that will include info on canidia and parasites etc.

Chris :)
  5. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

6. fern

fern New Member

Chris

Thanks for the reply and all of the information. I find all of this interesting. I have always had a weakness for sugar too. Mine is not a wieght problem but just a good ole fashioned sweet tooth. I took a series of antibiotics at one time that would kill a horse and since then I have had some problems too. I have added the good bacteria back with whole yogurt afterwards though and this seems to have helped. I also have taken acidopholus capsules and these have helped too.
    Do you feel that the palpations that you have are a part of the candida question or FMS?

fern
  7. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

I have had palps since i was mid to late teenager from reasons i dont know why - i have a very sensitive system. When they are set off by carbs, i think thats more of a low adrenal reaction than the candida side. The "sick all over" feeling is certainly the candida, but the palps and severe fatigue after carbs is most likely adrenal exhaustion etc. Im goin to try a multi glandular to try kick start the endocrine system. Magnesium in good doses helps the palps.

Chris
  8. fern

fern New Member

Thanks for the answer. I have had some dramatic responses to food but mostly red meat. I cannot eat red meat the week before my cycle because it makes me hurt all over. So I understand sensitivities.
    I opened a new post just a bit ago asking about heart palpitations. I am going to see my Dr. and am going to ask her about this for myself and wanted some feed back from other who experience this also. If you have the time could you add your thoughts?

fern