Womans Day has again mentioned FM and now CFIDS too

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by justlooking, Jan 15, 2007.

1. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I have been a subscriber to Womans Day for a few years and I have seen 4-5 articles now about Fibromyalgia in the magazine. The latest edition February 13, 2007 has an article starting on page 60 titled "Diseases Dr's Miss".

Fibro and CFIDS are both discussed along with Celiacs, MS, Lupus and Polycystic Ovary Disease.

We should thank them for their continued support in bringing attention to FM and now including CFIDS in their magazine too. This is probably the place people should start if they want to find a sympathetic ear to bringing more awareness to our illnesses.

Most of their articles have been short and pretty standard in its approach but it is certainly getting the word out there and their articles appear to be very supportive towards our struggles.

Sincerely
    JL
  2. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

I also love Woman's Day, and I was surprised at how many articles about CFS/Fibro they've had recently.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves this magazine :)
  3. justlooking

justlooking New Member

Yes, I enjoy reading Womans Day too. They have great articles and have really put Fibromyalgia into the mainstream over the past couple of years and I was quite pleased to see they included CFIDS in the latest issue too.

I was hoping to offer those who are on the awareness campaign trail an option. We are constantly attempting to get the media (Oprah, Dr. Phil, O Magazine, etc) to do some sort of awareness for us and here is a magazine that is already offering us support.

I thought we could utilize their readiness and understanding to our advantage. It seems those we keep targeting aren't interested and maybe we should attempt to contact a media source that is already supporting our cause.

So to those who have the energy and drive to be our spokespeople for awareness, please try Womans Day!!

Sincerely
    JL
    [This Message was Edited on 01/19/2007]