Womans work is never done!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kar1953, Mar 27, 2003.

1. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

My question is this: how in the world are you supposed to do all the things that need done in the day when every 10 or 15 min. I have to lay down to rest? We live on a farm & also have a sugar bush where we produce maple syrup. Right now with sap running like crazy I have been on the go from the time I get up in the morn till dinner dishes are cleaned up (or in tonights case dishes are still waiting!)every day & it is killing me. Thank God for the pain meds or I'd never get through the day. Is this what I have to look forward to for the rest of my life? Dr. says don't overdo, but how can you not when there is so much to do? Anyone out there in my position?
  2. Madelyn

Madelyn New Member

You are right that it's never "done". The skill we learn with this syndrome is the skill of prioritizing. What really HAS to be done, and what just bugs you?
    I don't know what yor family situation is, but if there's anyone to help you, DELEGATE!!! This is also a learned skill, both for you and the others. It won't happen right away, and there will be resistance. But be calmly determined. I hope there is someone to help you.
    Listen to your body. If it tells you to rest, rest. The work can probably wait. While you're resting, don't become discouraged, and start to sort out your priorities. What really matters? What will last ( maybe eternally)? Don't be a slave to the urgent but transitory things.
    Just some advice from someone who's been there for awhile.
    Madelyn