Woman's World June 12 Fibro article

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Asatrump, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I am not happy with the press on page 20 of this national magazine. The title of the article is "Massage Gave Me My Life Back". I am very pleased that Sheila found something helpful to her, but she is starting a web site and how many people will follow her route and expect to do as well?

Again this article minimizes the extent of our disease and I am sick of hearing all the people who are "cured".

As I stated several weeks ago, in any discussions I intend to refer to "it" as my neuro muscular disease. I will no longer call it fibromylagia as people seem to say they know so and so who had it but was cured by A,B or C.

Today I am going to a new hair salon for a perm. Invariably things come up...... especially as my neck is bad and I need to warn the technician to go as easy as possible. Yes, I will refer to my neuro muscular disease.
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I refuse to use the word FM...people are so condescending when I use it. It's like they're thinking, "You poor mentally ill person."

You know? Makes me very angry as I have always been such an on-top-of-it person.

Ah...I don't know what to call it, but I think I may use your name. FM will never escape from my lips again, especially with docs. Their eyes seem to glaze over when it is mentioned.

So, hang in there. I hope your perm comes out great. If you want, you can play a special hymn for me later or whenever you feel like it...."It is Well with My Soul."