Women question.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by halo52208, Apr 9, 2006.

1. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

Here's my delima; I had a total hysterectomy years ago.

Currently I am not on a hormone therapy because they gave me headaches. But I need something due to extreme vaginal dryness.

I had a vaginal hormone ring, but have to worry about it falling out or taking it out for sex.(hubby didn't like it). I tried the patch but I broke out from it. I do that on my soft skin areas. Doc told me it could be wore on my arm, I don't have problems there. But I told her it said to be below the belly button. She said it didn't. Anyway, here I am without hormone and having lots of hot flashes and trying over the counter stuff. Something like estroplus. But it's not working or hasn't had time. I just started it last Monday.

Now, dh has been waiting for a while so I said yes even though I didn't want to, for fear of it hurting. I was right, it was very sore. We use lubercant's but that doesn't help when it is so dry. So I rarely want sex which isn't good news for dh. I feel bad but if we waited for me to want it, that would be forever. I'm tired of being afraid that it is going to hurt.

I need all the suggestions you all have. I know dh would like them also.

Thanks, Halo
  2. catmom50

catmom50 New Member

I had a total hyster also years ago. Thankfully I was able to take hormones. I know though what you are going through. So hopefully someone will be able to help. I am sure there are some natural remedies either at the health food store or by internet that someone knows about. Good luck sweetie...If all else fails, check with the doctor, if you don't get satisfaction there, get a second opinion.
  3. YvonneM

YvonneM New Member

Estrace 1 mg daily no neg side effects at all and it is cheap.......... tried to go without it and within one month hottt flashes. I had my hysterectormy 9 yrs ago.....
  4. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

Is that a tablet?

Halo
  5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

What about the great tasting lubricants? They're fun, get hot when you blow on them and usually both partners like them equally well.

Don't mean to be nosey...but is hubby doing everything right? Taking enough time? Do you let him know when he's not?

We all age eventually...and dryness becomes at least an ocassional problem...we just have to be a bit creative to fix it.

My first try with hormones gave me back my menstrual migraines too so I had to be switched to the lowest possible dose patch. It works fine for me now when I need it, and I go for months without using them most of the time.

I like the choice it gives me to only use it when necessary and for the shortest time that I need it.

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  6. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

We have never tried tasting lubricants. We tried that KY that gets warm when it touches your skin. I broke out from it and couldn't use it, so the doc told us about astro glide. I don't break out from that, and we found a gel form online.

How dare you to ask me if my husband is doing everything all right. Just kidding!!:) I don't mind, after all you need more info to help me. Yes he is and I let him know when he has to take it slow. Although he isn't crazy about waiting all the time for me to want it. But he has been pretty good lately. He always thinks I am punishing him by not letting him have it. But I always reassure him I'm not.

Thank you for your advice and I hope you have a great day.

Halo
  7. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

Another lubricant out there, that I hear is slippery as ever... lol... is called Wet. From what I've been told, it's a silicone lubricant or something like that but you can get it in adult stores and I even think I saw it in Walgreen's! I have never personally used it but a friend who has dryness issues told me about it during one of our girly talks.

Good luck to you! I hope you find something that works.

Shananegans
  8. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

I take siberian gensing for the dryness and have for years.
    It works for me. I wont do the hrt as it can cause
    cancer.

take a few b/4 .......

Wild Flower
  9. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Been 24yrs since my hysterectomy.And its only really been the last yr that the dryness has been an issue.There is pain during,and spot blood after.
    My dr. put me on Vagifem,vaginal tablets you insert 2 times wkly.Seems to have helped some.But not a definate cure.
    Anybody tried something that does the trick.
    Jordane
  10. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

Whoa- makes even the dryest days slippery- naturally. Not good if you have High Blood Pressure, but great for the adrenals. Works well with Siberian Ginseng and Damiana.

Good Luck!
    Lollie
  11. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

In the begining I had to take it everyday for two weeks. But it made me sore and made sex even worse.

The ring totally worked, had so much moisture that we didn't always need to add lubrecant. But I suffer from constipation a lot and had to worry about it falling out. Plus had to remove for dh because he didn't like it, even though doc said you don't have to remove it.

Thank you all for all the great ideas, I will be trying several(one at a time).

Halo
  12. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

If you take herbals, Red Rasberry is good.

Wild Yam ( dong qui) Black Cohosh and Vitex ( chasteberry) can be helpful. Natural progesterone cream is good too.

I think Red Rasberry is most helpful.

No side effects with thses like those from HRT type pills.

Best Wishes,

Claudia