Women...very personal question, men don't read may be embarrasing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Jul 10, 2006.

  1. Aeronsmom

    Aeronsmom New Member

    o.k. for about a couple of years now when hubby and I have whoopy...it has been hurting..not likr it's to dry or anything like that but penatration is hurtful, and my husband is very very careful and gentle, it hurts no matter which way we do fool around....I think the only time it does not hurt is woman on top but that gets boring, does anyone else hurt like me, what could be causing this? any help would be great.

  2. CgWife

    CgWife New Member

    I also feel pain down their when my husband and I make love, I was told that I had endodmetrosis and that feeling pain down there during intercourse was normal for a person with that disease. I ended up having to have a hysterecotmy. I am not saying that is what you have but I do think that you should go to your GYN and tell them what you are experiecing during intercourse. Do not be ashamed you need to have answers, and besides I am sure they heard worse things. I really think you should see your Dr. Just to give you peace of mind. I am sure that it is nothing serious. Please keep us posted! and in the mean time I will keep you in my prayers.
    Good luck!
  3. eeyoreblue02

    eeyoreblue02 Member

    My first thought when I read your post was endometriosis. My dr is wanting me to have a hysterectomy, but I am trying not to do so.

    Painful sex is just one of the symptoms of endometriosis. Others include painful, heavy and irregular periods. Sometimes you can have rectal bleeding also. If you have had problems with your menstrual periods along with the painful sex I would say definitely talk to your dr about the possibility of endometriosis. You need to talk to your dr anyway because there is no need for you to have pain when you shouldn't be having pain.

    I wish you the best,

  4. hugs4evry1

    hugs4evry1 New Member

    Have you talked to your doctor about this? None of us can do anything but guess really....

    But your doc can help you more. Intercourse shouldn't hurt, and to suffer through this for a couple of years must be problematic.

    Please discuss this with your doc...trust me, there's no question on earth that you could ask that would surprise him/her.


    Nancy B.
  5. intensemom

    intensemom New Member

    vulvadynia(spelling?) that is "painful sex"..it is commonly comorbid with fibromyalgia! Also, some women with I.C.(Interstitial cystitis) have painful intercourse. You need to talk to your doctor about these other possibilities as well as endometreosis!

  6. Could you have a yeast infection, check with your gyn, or it could be vulvadynia which is very painful during sex and all the time though.
  7. ckball

    ckball New Member

    I may not be the right person to help you since I have been alone for 12 years. But prior to my break up and my cancer treatment, I enjoyed a full sexual life.

    After my radiation treatments, I had the same symptoms as you, I saw you are 38, you could be perimenopausal. Basically, you vagina is drying out and needs a little tlc.

    There are various lubicants at Walmart and drug stores, usually with the condons,lol.

    If that doesn't help, then I would talk to Dr. But pain on penatration is a sign of dryness. Maybe a little more "warming up" may help too. They also make flavor gels too, but I don't think you would find that at WAlmart, lol

    I have permanent nerve damage to my vagina from burns from the radiation treatment I had for cancer 10 years ago. At 50 I have given that part of my life up. I use my energies in other ways, like my art or house and my dogs.

    I hope I gave you something to think about, sometimes a pillow at the righ place helps too. Now get off the computer and go experiment! Walmart is open 24/7,lol and enjoy- Carla
  8. yorkeemom

    yorkeemom New Member

    Ok---I know some of u may not have ever heard this but, yes, this can and is a real problem for some fibromites. I was finally diagn. with fibro 3 yrs ago after a MVA in 2001 with rupt discs in cerv & lumb area and have had 2 capl tunnel surg & vertebroplasty for frac vert & poss another surg soon. In the last 2 1/2years, I've finally been able to see a team of drs at Mayo in Jax Fl who r top notch & all r so compassionate & knowlegable. I've had serv procedures there.. TPIs, facet inj, acupuncture, and yes went to A PELVIC FLOOR THERAPIST who specializes in muscles in the vagina, rectum...thruout the whole pelvic floor area. I saw her for six week and she did intensive work in that area for tender points/trigger points ...you get them all over the body, why not there? I'm postmenopause so my pain was not just dryness, but my husband hitting those painful areas that felt like having sex with a screwdriver..Yes and the only way to get thru to that area is thru the vagina or rectum. I was lucky enough to have to have both areas worked on since I have a dislocated coccyx too! SOOOO embarrasing, but she was very gentle and massaged, stretched and gave me exercises to do to strengthen muscles and get oxygentated blood to the tissue (very import). She said men with fibro get them & of course she has to do their therapy via rectum. I also use Replens.super vaginal moisturizing gel u put in like a tampax and lasts up to 24 hrs.(ask yr pharm. not a rx). Make sure u see a "pelvic floor therapist", a reg PT dosesn't have training in that area. She works for my Physical Med & Rehab dr.............for me, i have to be in control, time, place,every movement of my sweetie...after 34 yrs of marriage I hate to put hm thru the hassle, but sounds like u and I have extraordinary men who love us unconditionally....we r blessed...that's the hardest part..not the pain, but putting him thru all this madness.....hope u find help soon...soft hugs.
  9. Scapper

    Scapper New Member

    It could be many things, which is why you should see your doctor before you begin to imagine the worst.

    I do know that yeast, left untreated, can almost eat away at tissues. This would definitely cause pain.

    My sister-in-law had a bacterial infection for months that was not responding to anti-biotics. Her pain was unbearable upon intercourse. She then took a product I use for bacteria and it helped.

    So, could be bacteria, yeast, endometriosis, many things.

    They could easily test for bacteria and yeast.

    There are also ways to build up soft tissue naturally, once you find out what it is.

    Good luck, scapper
  10. Aeronsmom

    Aeronsmom New Member

    I have recently had 2 U/S because of incontinent(sp) and the Dr notice a couple of cysts but is not concerned about them. I talked to her before about the painful intercourse and she just blew it off as "oh..your just depressed" and just left it at that..I know she has just stopped caring so I need to find a new Dr. would she have seen on the U/S if I had endo? as for being dry down there..... well I can honestly say nope...no problem with that. I think that he is hitting my cervic..I'm not saying for sure that's what it is but it's the only thing I can think of.
    I remember I use to get lots of yeast infectons but I have not had one in a long time. again thank you all for your suggestions and I will definately get this checked out more.

  11. TwinMa

    TwinMa New Member

    I've battled with vulvodynia for years. I've tried many, many treatments.

    As I've improved my diet and followed a number of basic rules, it has gotten better.

    --Use scent & dye free laundry detergent (I use All Free & Clear)
    --Don't use dryer sheets
    --Wear loose clothing (no tight jeans)
    --Don't take baths with scented soaps (it can irritate the labia)
    --Use scent free bar or liquid soap in the shower (I use Dove)
    --Use scent free & dye free toilet paper
    --Rinse your labia with clear water after peeing (just keep a bottle of clean water near the toilet)
    --Don't use deodorant tampons
    --Don't use scented mini or maxi pads
    --Wear cotton underwear or at least cotton crotch

    There are more, but that's all that I can think of right now.

    **Edit: I'll add more things to the above list as I think of them**

    A really good web site that has lots of good info is Vulvodynia.com. Go to the Frequently Asked Questions section for answers to lots of things you may be wondering about.

    I was given anti-depressants for years, and it never helped the V. When I went off them, things actually got slightly better.

    Hope this helps.

    [This Message was Edited on 07/11/2006]
  12. Aeronsmom

    Aeronsmom New Member

    I really appreciate this alot and will get more info on the website you provided.

  13. kriskwon

    kriskwon New Member

    and for me it was Fibroids. Hope you find some help!
  14. weencie

    weencie New Member

    I had the same symptoms years ago, at age of 28, and was diagnosed with a prolapsed uterus. I had two options 1-to have surgery to lift the uterus you may still have children with thid option or 2- hysterectomy. I chose the 2nd because at the time we did not want children. It solved the problem completely. Some women have such a weak pelvic floor that the uterus and the cervix can actually fall down through the vagina-this was my case. All my female relatives have had this problem and all had hysterectomies at an early age. Think long and hard about a hysterectomy-after 10 years we wished we had children and did not consider adoption b/c of the fibro-ended up with our 14 year old nephew living with us full time 8 months ago-all things happen for a reason-he is my reason to keep pushing on daily.And much easier to care for than an infant :)
  15. TAM

    TAM New Member

    Hi Ann,

    LISTEN IT DOES'NT MEAN THAT YOU WILL HAVE IT BUT PLEASE GO GET CHECKED FOR CERVICAL CANCER.That same problem happened to my sister and thank the lord she went and got tested because she had cancer and had to have a hysterectomy.

    And the doctor told her if she would have waited any longer it would have went into stage three. Anyway they were able to get all her cancer and I'm so blessed they were able to.

    I realize that this is a personal somewhat embarrassing thing to have to explain to your doctor, my sister waited awile also because no one ever wants to go to the doctor anyway but especially something that personal.

    You might not even have this I pray you don't but please go get checked for cervical cancer a.s.a.p! Take Care, and I wish you the best. Tammy
    [This Message was Edited on 07/11/2006]